View Full Event Details
Organized under patronage and with participation of Nobel Prize Laureate in Chemistry 2011, Professor Dan Shechtman and in memory of Professor Dror Sadeh (1932–1993) Scientist and Artist
The general goal is to advance and accelerate applied interdisciplinary research.
An integral element of this conference will be a “thought advancement Exhibition” designed to associate people who may never have worked together before. The aim is to generate stimulating debate and a forum for collaboration between scientists, engineers, artists, architects, students, and educators.
- The role of Arts as a central component of the Humanities in the development of the young generation of physical and social scientists and engineers.
- Using art in its broadest manifestations of media and forms to inform thinking and creativity in science and technology, to more effectively communicate challenging concepts to those working in the fields as well as to the public at large, and to enhance scientific and technological education.
- Application in the special, intersecting and high priority areas of Water, Energy and Space.
- Educational curricula, exercises/cases & course settings (e.g., design) across teaching levels
- Applied research and applications publishing (with interfaces and links to existing journals/articles and a place for new papers)
- Outreach, learning community development - who should be involved and how; events/activities for different audiences; fundraising
- Exploring/explicating the connections (art to science and vice-versa)
Exhibition & Competition
“Limitless: with Endless Possibilites of Creative Collaboration” between artists, technologists and scientists – as selected by a panel, projects will all demonstrate the underlying criteria of: advancement of thought about the selected subject applicable to professionals and/or the general public; aesthetic form; and, innovation. Included may be musical, theater, dance and cinematic performance.
Organizing Committee (International)
- Prof. Dan Shechtman, Technion, Israel
- Prof. Mike Radnor, Northwestern University (Buffett-CTIM), USA
- Prof. Denes Nagy, President of ISIS, Budapest, Melbourne
- Prof. Celestino Soddu, Milano, Italy
- Prof. Enrica Colabella, Milano, Italy
- Prof. Alev Özkök, Ankara, Turkey
- Prof. Sergei Belopuhov, Moscow, Russia
- Dr. Mahnaz Shah, Cardiff, Wales
- Victoria Anstead, Tactical Aesthetics, USA
Organizing Committee (Local)
- Dr. Alec Groysman, Israel (Chairman)
- Prof. Arie Maharshak, ORT Braude College, Israel
- Prof. David Shoikhet, ORT Braude College, Israel
- Prof. Edwin Seroussi, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
- Prof. Michael Burt, Technion, Israel
- Prof. Yoed Tsur, Technion, Israel
- Haya Sadeh, Israel
- Prof. Charlotte Schapira, Technion, Israel
- Dr. Oved Kedem, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
- Dr. Miri Weiss-Cohen, ORT Braude College, Israel
- Dr. Natalia Zaitsev, ORT Braude College, Israel
- Irena Friedland, University of Haifa, Israel
- Eyal Malkinson, Israel
- Dr. Rivka Weizer-Biton, ORT Braude College, Israel
Article Views: 2316