We have made every effort to make the ChemistryViews website easy to use and accessible to everyone.
Pages on this website conform to the Worldwide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility guidelines “AA” standard as default and some to “AAA” standard.
Website accessibility in the UK is generally measured against guidelines and standards set by the Web Accessibility initiative, where:
- A is the most basic standard. Websites must comply with all WAI priority one checkpoints to achieve this standard.
- A is a higher standard requiring compliance with all WAI priority one and two checkpoints.
- AAA is the highest standard, demanding compliance with all priority one, two and three WAI checkpoints.
Making our website fully accessible is an ongoing process and we are committed to offer a user-friendly experience.
The ChemistryViews website has been designed to comply with the WAI’s AA standard.
If you experience any problems or have any feedback, please contact us.
We are making every effort to ensure that we don’t exclude any users. For example:
- We try to use clear and simple language.
- We try to use alternative text for all images.
- The HTML we produce conforms to the standard: XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- We have tested the colours we use in the design for contrast.
- We try to publish all our text content as accessible HTML rather than in other formats such as PDF.
- Where we do publish PDFs or other formats our policy is to make them as accessible as we can.