The European initiative Science on Stage – initially launched as Physics on Stage in 1999 – is designed for European teachers to share good practice in science teaching and to discuss (new) ways of improving the quality of science lessons. This is driven by the foreseen lack of young scientists in all European countries.
The overall aims of Science on Stage are to:
• Provide a forum for teachers to exchange teaching ideas for the sciences
• Inspire and re-enthuse science teachers
• Inform teachers about wider science research
• Raise the profile of science teaching with education ministers in the countries involved
Science on Stage aims at improveing science teaching and thus promote a scientifically literate population and encourage more schoolchildren to consider a career in science or engineering.
The next Festival will be 25–28 April 2013 in Słubice, Poland/Frankfurt (Oder), Germany.
Science teachers from all over Europe are invited to apply with most innovative teaching ideas, workshops and performances till May 15th 2012. For more information please see http://www.science-on-stage.eu/?p=204
- Science on Stage Europe, Berlin, Germany