The Seminar was initially planned to take place in February 2022. Due to the current uncertain situation, the organizing committee decided to shift the event to June 2022.
The SCS Seminars are three-days education seminars that focus on topics that are relevant for the Swiss chemical and pharmaceutical industry but are not enough considered during the academic education at universities.
The seminar will focus on relevant issues of flow chemistry such as
- Batch to flow
- Flow reaction optimization
- Safety issues
- Scaling up
- Reactors and reactor design
- Dr. Marc-André Müller, DSM, Switzerland
- Dr. Dominique Roberge, Lonza, Switzerland
- Dr. Claudio Battilocchio, Syngenta, Switzerland
- Dr. Roger Marti, HEIA-FR, Switzerland
- Dr. Samuel Bourne, CarboGen AMCIS, Switzerland
The event targets Ph.D. students, Postdocs as well as junior scientists from industry and will be led by senior scientists and designated experts from academia and industry.
Active participation is key for all attendees. A good mix between
- theoretical lectures,
- reports of concrete projects from industry,
- interactive workshops/panel discussions and
- short presentations by participants
will guarantee a maximum of impact. Each participant brings along a specific challenge out of his daily lab work and will presents poster of his/her current work.