Today, Thanksgiving is celebrated in the United States. For the traditional Thanksgiving feast, millions of turkeys will be roasted, and many families will fight over the best pieces. Some like the white breast meat, while others go for the darker drumsticks.
What is the difference between the white meat and the dark meat of a turkey?
- Dark meat contains more melanin.
- Dark meat contains more myoglobin.
- Dark meat contains more ATP (adenosine triphosphate).
Also of Interest
- What To Do With Your Pumpkin,
Pumpkins contain healthy compounds, so why not bake a pumpkin pie?
- What’s Cooking in Chemistry Series
What top scientists like to cook – on the bench and on the stove