Jun-Long Zhang, Peking University, China, has been awarded the 2018 ChemPubSoc Europe Early Career Award. The prize was presented at the 10th International Conference on f-Elements in Lausanne, Switzerland, on September 4, 2018, where he held the associated Early Career Award lecture.
The ChemPubSoc Europe Early Career Award was established by the journal ChemPlusChem to recognize outstanding early career principle investigators active in multidisciplinary chemistry-based research who have participated in the journal’s Early Career Series. The award includes € 2,000.
Zhang’s research in bioinorganic chemistry focuses on biomimetic tetrapyrrole cofactors based on porpholactones and lanthanide coordination complexes and their application in biological molecular imaging as luminescent non-noble-metal probes.
Jun-Long Zhang received his Ph.D. from the University of Hong Kong in 2005 under the supervision of Chi-Ming Che. After postdoctoral research with Yi Lu at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA, he started his independent research career in 2008 at the College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University.
- Highly luminescent, biocompatible ytterbium(III) complexes as near-infrared fluorophores for living cell imaging,
Yingying Ning, Juan Tang, Yi-Wei Liu, Jing Jing, Yuansheng Sun, Jun-Long Zhang,
Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 3742–3753.
- The design of rigid cyclic tripyrrins: the importance of intermolecular interactions on aggregation and luminescence,
Jun-Fei Wang, Yuhang Yao, Yingying Ning, Yin-Shan Meng, Chun-Liang Hou, Jing Zhang, Jun-Long Zhang,
Org. Chem. Front. 2018, 5, 1877–1885.
- A Cryptand-Type Aluminum Tris(salophen) Complex: Synthesis, Characterization, and Cell Imaging Application,
Hao-Yan Yin, Jing Lai, Juan Tang, Yanli Shang, Jun-Long Zhang,
Inorganics 2018, 6, 20.
- Copper-Catalyzed Hydrodefluorination of Fluoroarenes by Copper Hydride Intermediates,
Hongbin Lv, Yuan-Bo Cai, Jun-Long Zhang,
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 3203–3207.
- π–π Interaction Assisted Hydrodefluorination of Perfluoroarenes by Gold Hydride: A Case of Synergistic Effect on C–F Bond Activation,
Hongbin Lv, Jin-Hui Zhan, Yuan-Bo Cai, Yi Yu, Bingwu Wang, Jun-Long Zhang,
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 16216–16227.
- Luminescent zinc salen complexes as single and two-photon fluorescence subcellular imaging probes,
Yang Hai, Juan-Juan Chen, Pei Zhao, Hongbin Lv, Yi Yu, Pingyong Xu, Jun-Long Zhang,
Chem. Commun. 2011, 47, 2435–2437.
Also of Interest
- Interview: Jun‐Long Zhang,
ChemPlusChem 2015, 80, 25.