The Joseph-Achille Le Bel Prize 2018 of the Société Chimique de France (SCF, French Chemical Society) has been awarded to Antoine Baceiredo, Institut de Chimie de Toulouse, France. The prize recognizes French chemists whose work is acclaimed on an international level. The award was presented on May 16, 2019, at an SCF award ceremony in Paris.
Antoine Bacereido is honored for his contributions to the study of the chemistry of highly reactive species. His research interests include main group chemistry, electron-deficient species, mixed bis-ylide systems as asymmetric carbon atom sources, the development of new inorganic ylides, and silicon polymers.
Antoine Baceiredo was born in Cambre, Spain. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Toulouse in 1982 under the supervision of Guy Bertrand. In 1985, he joined the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA, for postdoctoral research. In 1992, Baceiredo became Directeur de Recherche CNRS at the Laboratoire de Chimie de Coordination in Toulouse, where he remained until 1999. He then joined the Laboratoire Heterochimie Fondamentale et Appliquée (LHFA) in Toulouse.
Currently, Antoine Baceiredo is the Director of the Institut de Chimie de Toulouse and a Member of the Scientific Board of the CNRS (Centre national de la recherche scientifique). In 2012, he was promoted to Director of Research, Exceptional Class.
- Reversible CO2 Addition to a Si=O Bond and Synthesis of a Persistent SiO2-CO2 Cycloadduct Stabilized by a Lewis Donor-Acceptor Ligand,
Ricardo Rodriguez, Isabel Alvarado-Beltran, Jérémy Saouli, Nathalie Saffon-Merceron, Antoine Baceiredo, Vicenç Branchadell, Tsuyoshi Kato,
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 2635–2638.
- Reversible Oxidative Addition/Reductive Elimination of a Si−H Bond with Base-Stabilized Silylenes: A Theoretical Insight,
Masayuku Nakagaki, Antoine Baceiredo, Tsuyoshi Kato, Shigeyoshi Sakaki,
Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 11377–11385.
- Phosphine/Sulfoxide-Supported Carbon(0) Complex,
Mariana Lozano González, Laura Bousquet, Sophie Hameury, Cecilio Alvarez Toledano, Nathalie Saffon-Merceron, Vicenç Branchadell, Eddy Maerten, Antoine Baceiredo,
Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 2570–2574.
- Germylene–sulfoxide as a potential hemilabile ligand: application in coordination chemistry,
Nicolas Lentz, Sonia Mallet-Ladeira, Antoine Baceiredo, Tsuyoshi Kato, David Madec,
Dalton Trans. 2018, 47, 15751–15756.
- Synthesis of a Stable Disilyne Bisphosphine Adduct and Its Non-Metal-Mediated CO2 Reduction to CO,
David Gau, Ricardo Rodriguez, Tsuyoshi Kato, Nathalie Saffon-Merceron, Abel de Cózar, Fernando P. Cossío, Antoine Baceiredo,
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 1092–1096.
- Harnessing the Potential of N‐Heterocyclic Carbenes for the Rejuvenation of Group‐Transfer Polymerization of (Meth)Acrylics,
Jean Raynaud, Andres Ciolino, Antoine Baceiredo, Mathias Destarac, Fabien Bonnette, Tsuyoshi Kato, Yves Gnanou, Daniel Taton,
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 5390–5393.
Also of Interest
- Joseph-Achille Le Bel Prize 2017,
ChemViews Mag. 2018.
Philippe Walter, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France honored
- Joseph-Achille Le Bel Prize 2016,
ChemViews Mag. 2017.
Christian Bruneau and Mir Wais Hosseini honored
- Joseph-Achille Le Bel Prize 2015,
ChemViews Mag. 2016.
French bioelectrochemist Serge Cosnier honored
- Joseph-Achille Le Bel Prize 2014,
ChemViews Mag. 2015.
French organochemist Max Malacria honored