During our live broadcast of the Angewandte Symposium, celebrating Angewandte Chemie‘s 125th anniversary, we ran a quiz about this journal, its publisher, and ChemistryViews.org.
The correct answers were:
1) Which speaker of the Angewandte Symposium published most articles in the Angewandte Chemie?
François Diederich has published 90 articles in Angewandte Chemie according to ISI data retrieved on 11.2.2013.
2) Who owns the Angewandte Chemie?
German Chemical Society (GDCh; Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker).
3) What does VCH stand for?
Verlag Chemie (chemistry publishing house), which was founded by the GDCh.
4) How many living joint publishing products do Wiley-VCH and the GDCh have?
They include 12 ChemPubSoc Europe journals, Chemie in Unserer Zeit, Deutsche Einheitsverfahren, Chemie Ingenieur Technik (CIT), Chemical Engineering & Technology (CET), Vom Wasser, Lebensmittelchemie, ChemKon, and the books Chemie über den Wolken by Reinhard Zellner, and Chemische Delikatessen and Chemische Köstlichkeiten by Klaus Roth.
5) Angewandte Chemie has by now 11 ChemPubSoc Europe sister journals plus one online sister service. How many research journals have been merged to become these 11 journals?
6) The online service is ChemistryViews.org with its integrated magazine ChemViews. Which item was most viewed in 2012?
Magazine article: Google Water
The winner of the 250 € Wiley book voucher is Jason Hui, Master’s of Chemistry student at the University of Manchester, UK.