Professor Dr.-Ing. habil. Gerhart Eigenberger, Germany, celebrates his 75th birthday on August 14, 2014.
Gerhart Eigenberger, born 1939 in Prague, Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic), studied mechanical engineering at Technische Hochschule, Darmstadt, Germany, from 1960 to 1966. From there he moved to Stuttgart, Germany, for his PhD under the supervision of Ernst-Dieter Gilles, which he finished in 1973. A scholarship by the German Science Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG) allowed him to move to Northwestern University in Evanston, IL, USA. After returning to Stuttgart, he finished his habilitation in 1977. He joined BASF in 1976, working in Chemical Engineering Research until 1985. During this time, he maintained a teaching appointment at the University of Stuttgart, where he became full professor and director of the Institute of Chemical Process Engineering (Institut für Chemische Verfahrenstechnik, ICVT) in 1986.
Eigenberger served as Chairman of the Working Party on Chemical Reaction Engineering of the European Federation of Chemical Engineering from 1995 to 1998, as board member of DECHEMA from 2003 to 2005 and as vice president of the DFG from 1999 to 2005. He is a member of the Heidelberg Academy of Sciences and Humanities and the National Academy of Science and Engineering. Among other honors, he has been awarded the DECHEMA prize of the Max Buchner Research Foundation, the Ernest Solvay prize, the Arnold Eucken Medal and the Jacques Villermaux Medal.
- Prozesssimulation einer Adsorptionskältemaschine: True-Moving-Bed-Approximation
P. Günther, P. Kunz, R. Stierle, G. Eigenberger, U. Nieken
Chem. Ing. Tech. 2014, 86, 112–118.
- Reaction Kinetics of Aged NOx Storage Catalysts
K. Hauff, U. Tuttlies, G. Eigenberger, U. Nieken
Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2013, 52, 8399–8409.
- Macro- and Microkinetic Simulation of Diesel Oxidation Catalyst: Effect of Aging, Noble Metal Loading and Platinum Oxidation
K. Hauff, W. Boll, S. Tischer, D. Chan, U. Tuttlies, G. Eigenberger, O. Deutschmann and U. Nieken
Chem. Ing. Tech. 2013, 85, 673–685.
- Heat-Integrated Exhaust Purification for Natural Gas Engines
M. Rink, G. Eigenberger, U. Nieken
Chem. Ing. Tech. 2013, 85, 656–663.
- Catalytic Fixed-Bed Reactors (in Ullmann’s Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry)
G. Eigenberger, W. Ruppel
Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2000.
Also of Interest
- Chemical Engineering & Technology – Special Issue dedicated to Gerhart Eigenberger to his 70. birthday
Chem. Eng. Technol. 2009, 32, 1289–1447.