Matthias Beller, Director of the Leibniz Institute for Catalysis (LIKAT) and chairman of the editorial board of ChemSusChem, will be presented with the first European Sustainable Chemistry Award.
He will receive the prize, along with 10,000 Euro at the Opening Ceremony of the 3rd EuCheMS Chemistry Congress in Nürnberg, Germany, on 29 August.
Matthias Beller is being recognized for his exceptional research in the field of homogeneous catalysis. His team at LIKAT is mainly investigating the environmentally sustainable conversion of small molecules into recyclable or reusable materials.
Recent research by Mattias Beller:
- A New and Practical Grignard-Coupling-Fluorination Sequence: Synthesis of 2-Aryl Fluoroarenes
P. Anbarasan, H. Neumann, M. Beller
Chem. Asian J. 2010, 5(8), 1775-1778.
- State-of-the-Art Catalysts for Hydrogenation of Carbon Dioxide
C. Federsel, R. Jackstell, M. Beller
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49.
- Selective Iron-Catalyzed Oxidation of Phenols and Arenes with Hydrogen Peroxide: Synthesis of Vitamin E Intermediates and Vitamin K3
K. Möller, G. Wienhöfer, K. Schröder, B. Join, K. Junge, M. Beller
Chem. Eur. J. 2010, 16.
- Palladium-Catalyzed Coupling Reactions: Carbonylative Heck Reactions To Give Chalcones
X.-F. Wu, H. Neumann, M. Beller
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49(31), 5284-5288.
- Ruthenium-Catalyzed Hydrogenation of Bicarbonate in Water
ChemSusChem, 2010, 3.
C. Federsel, R. Jackstell, A. Boddien, G. Laurenczy, M. Beller