Professor Ashwini K. Nangia, University of Hyderabad, India, has been appointed as Director of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research’s National Chemical Laboratory (CSIR-NCL), Pune, India. The CSIR-NCL is a research, development, and consulting organization with a focus on chemistry and chemical engineering.
Ashwini K. Nangia studied chemistry at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, where he obtained his M. Sc. in 1983. He received his Ph.D. in organic chemistry from Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA, under the supervision of Frederick E. Ziegler. He then worked at NOCIL Agrochemicals R&D Centre, Navi Mumbai, and joined the University of Hyderabad as Lecturer in 1989. He was promoted to Professor of Chemistry there in 2001.
Professor Nangia’s research focuses on organic synthesis, as well as polymorphism, pharmaceutical cocrystals, and the design and synthesis of solid-state assemblies. He serves on the advisory boards of several journals, including Chemistry – An Asian Journal, Crystal Growth & Design, and the Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India
Selected Publications by Ashwini K. Nangia
- Visualization and quantification of deformation behavior of clopidogrel bisulfate polymorphs during tableting,
Xian-Zhen Yin, Li Wu, Ying Li, Tao Guo, Hai-Yan Li, Ti-Qiao Xiao, Peter York, Ashwini Nangia, Shuang-Ying Gui, Ji-Wen Zhang,
Sci. Rep. 2016, 6, 21770.
- Ionic, Neutral, and Hybrid Acid–Base Crystalline Adducts of Lamotrigine with Improved Pharmaceutical Performance,
Rajesh Thipparaboina, Dinesh Kumar, Sudhir Mittapalli, Sridhar Balasubramanian, Ashwini Nangia, Nalini R Shastri,
Cryst. Growth Des. 2015, 15, 5816–5826.
- Crystal Engineering – Inclusion Compounds, Molecular Networks, Cocrystals, and Polymorphs,
Cryst. Growth Des. 2008, 8, 1079–1081.
- Variable-Temperature Powder X-ray Diffraction of Aromatic Carboxylic Acid and Carboxamide Cocrystals,
L. Sreenivas Reddy, Prashant M. Bhatt, Rahul Banerjee, Ashwini Nangia, Gert J. Kruger,
Chem. Asian J. 2007, 2, 505–513.
- Conformational, Concomitant Polymorphs of 4,4-Diphenyl-2,5-cyclohexadienone: Conformation and Lattice Energy Compensation in the Kinetic and Thermodynamic Forms,
Saikat Roy, Rahul Banerjee, Ashwini Nangia, Gert J. Kruger,
Chem. Eur. J. 2006, 12, 3777–3788.
- Carboxamide–pyridine N-oxide heterosynthon for crystal engineering and pharmaceutical cocrystals,
L. Sreenivas Reddy, N. Jagadeesh Babu, Ashwini Nangia,
Chem. Commun. 2006, 1369–1371.