Professor Hans Brockmann, Emeritus at the University of Bielefeld, Germany, celebrates his 80th birthday on August 23, 2016.
Hans Brockmann was born in Göttingen, Germany, and studied chemistry at the Universities of Freiburg and Göttingen, both Germany. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Göttingen in 1963 for work on anthracyclinones. After a year of postdoctoral research at the University of Stanford, CA, USA, he joined the Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany. There, he finished his habilitation on 1970 with research on the stereochemistry of chlorophylls.
From 1975 until his retirement, Professor Brockmann worked at the University of Bielefeld. His research interests include bacteriochlorophylls and the chemistry of adhesives. In 1966, he received the Jan Evangelista Purkyně Plaque from the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
- Tetraphenylporphyrins as coupling reagents and corrosion inhibitors,
Bernd Meyer-Roscher, Thomas Siemens, Hans Brockmann,
Adv. Mater. 1992, 4, 496–498.
- Bacteriochlorophyll f. – Partialsynthese und Eigenschaften einiger Derivate (in German),
Nikolaus Risch, Bettina Köster, Anette Schormann, Thomas Siemens, Hans Brockmann,
Liebigs Ann. Chem. 1988, 1988, 343–347.
- Deuteroporphyrin-IX Dimethyl Ester: Assignment of the 1H-NMR Spectrum by NOE Measurements in Presence of a Diamagnetic Shift Reagent,
Klaus Witthohn, Hans Brockmann,
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 1983, 22, 551–552.
- Partialsynthese eines [3-Ethyl]-bacteriophäophorbid-c-methylesters (in German),
Uwe Jürgens, Hans Brockmann,
Liebigs Ann. Chem. 1982, 1982, 472–479.
- Notiz über eine einfache und leistungsfähige Methode zur Trennung von Chlorophyllderivaten der a- und b-Reihe (in German),
Nikolaus Risch, Hubert Reich, Anette Schormann, Hans Brockmann,
Liebigs Ann. Chem. 1981, 1981, 1519–1522.
- Zur absoluten Konfiguration der Chlorophylle, IX Oxidativer Abbau von Bacteriochlorophyll d, Bestätigung der Konstitution und Bestimmung der absoluten Konfiguration (in German),
Hans Brockmann, Roswitha Tacke-Karimdadian,
Liebigs Ann. Chem. 1979, 1979, 419–430.