The Medalla de Oro del GEQO, the GEQO-Gold Medal for Organometallic Research of the Organometallic Chemistry Specialized Group (GECO; Grupo Especializado de Química Organometálica) of the Spanish Royal Society of Chemistry (RSEQ; Real Sociedad Española de Química), has been awarded to Professor Antonio Laguna Castrillo, Emeritus Professor at the University of Zaragoza, Spain. The award was presented during the XXXIV GEQO Congress in Girona, Spain.
Antonio Laguna Castrillo, born 1948 in Huesca, Spain, studied chemistry at the University of Zaragoza, Spain, and obtained his Ph.D. in 1973. After a post-doctoral stay at the University of Bristol, UK, he was a Lecturer and since 1986 a Full Professor of Inorganic Chemistry at the University of Zaragoza. He has been Chair of the Department several times.
Antonio Laguna Castrillo’s research interests focus on gold and silver chemistry; especially on the synthesis and characterization of gold and silver complexes, the structural, optical and medical properties of gold and silver derivatives, and on cyclo- and polyhosphazene derivatives.
- V. Fernandez-Moreira, J. Chamber, E. S. Smirnova, I. O. Koshevoy, A. Laguna, S. P. Tunik, M. C. White, M. C. Gimeno, Tuning the Energy Emission from Violet to Yellow With bidentate Phosphine Gold (III) Complexes, Organometallics 2016, 35, 1141–1150. DOI: 10.1021/acs.organomet.6b00135
- R. Vilma Bojan, Rafal Czerwieniec, Antonio Laguna, Tania Lasanta, José M. López-de-Luzuriaga, Miguel Monge, M. Elena Olmosa, Harmut Yersin, Luminescent gold–silver complexes derived from neutral bis(perfluoroaryl)diphosphine gold(I) precursors, Dalton Trans. 2013, 42, 4267–4277. DOI: 10.1039/C2DT32973E
- C. Silvestru, A. Laguna, The Chemistry of gold-metal Bonds in The Chemistry of Organogold Compounds (Eds: S. Patai, Z. Rappoport, J. F. Liebman, I. Marek), John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., Hoboken, USA, 2014, Chapter 10, 409–526. ISBN: 978-1-118-43873-2
- A. Laguna, Modern Supramolecular Gold Chemistry, Gold-Metal Interactions and Applications, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany 2008.
- Manuel Bardají, Antonio Laguna, Víctor M. Orera, M. Dolores Villacampa, Synthesis, Structural Characterization, and Luminescence Studies of Gold(I) and Gold(III) Complexes with a Triphosphine Ligand, Inorg. Chem. 1998, 37 (20), 5125–5130. DOI: 10.1021/ic9801342
- M.C. Gimeno, A. Laguna, Three- and four-coordinate gold (I) complexes, Chem. Rev. 1997, 97, 511–522. DOI: 10.1021/cr960361q