LANXESS Acquires Emerald Kalama Chemical

LANXESS Acquires Emerald Kalama Chemical

Author: ChemistryViews

LANXESS has signed a binding agreement to acquire 100 % of the shares in Emerald Kalama Chemical. The enterprise value of Emerald Kalama Chemical is USD 1.075 billion. After deducting debt-like items, the purchase price is around USD 1.04 billion (EUR 867 million*), which LANXESS will finance from existing liquidity. The transaction is expected to be completed in the second half of 2021. It is still subject to approval by the relevant authorities.

Emerald Kalama Chemical employs approximately 500 employees worldwide and runs production sites in Kalama, Washington, USA, Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and Widnes UK. The company generates around 45 % of its turnover in North America.

The company generates about 75 % of its turnover with specialties in the consumer segment. These include preservatives for food, household and cosmetic applications, flavors and fragrances as well as products for animal nutrition. The remaining 25 % of sales come from the specialty chemicals business for industrial applications, including the plastics and adhesives industries. LANXESS has so far held a strong position in the global business with antimicrobial active ingredients and preservatives, including for consumer protection products and animal hygiene.




Leave a Reply

Kindly review our community guidelines before leaving a comment.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *