Merck has set up the Merck Sustainability Advisory Panel (MSAP) consisting of six independent international experts on sustainability-related topics. It should advise the company on selected topics, evaluate its sustainability performance, and critically evaluate the planned activities. In addition, they use their knowledge to help address societal and political challenges and developments that could affect Merck’s business.
The MSAP consists of the following members:
- Glynda Bathan-Baterina, Deputy Executive Director of Clean Air Asia, Philippines
- Michael Braungart, Founder and CEO of Braungart EPEA Internationale Umweltforschung, Professor at Leuphana University Lüneburg, both Germany
- Todd Cort, Faculty Co-Director of both the Center for Business and Environment (CBEY) and the Initiative on Sustainable Finance (YISF) of the Yale School of Management, USA
- Maja Göpel, Expert for sustainability policies and transformation research, Honorary Professor at Leuphana University Lüneburg, Germany
- Ioannis Ioannou, Associate Professor for strategy and entrepreneurship at the London Business School, UK
- Huiyao (Henry) Wang, Founder and President of Center for China and Globalization (CCG), China
In addition, Merck presented its sustainability strategy:
Goal 1: In 2030, the company will achieve human progress for more than one billion people through sustainable science and technology.
Goal 2: By 2030, the company will integrate sustainability into all its value chains.
Goal 3: By 2040, the company will achieve climate neutrality and reduce its resource consumption.
- Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany