Leaders across industries from the LGBT+ community and their allies who are breaking down barriers and creating more inclusive workplaces around the world, while serving as examples for others, are recognized annually by the global OUTstanding LGBT+ Role Model Lists. INvolve, a consulting company and global network that helps companies create inclusive work environments, publishes these lists with support from Yahoo Finance.
Anyone can nominate potential candidates who are making special contributions to LGBT+ recognition and inclusion, both in their own companies and in their communities and beyond, or nominate themselves. A panel of global business representatives compiles three ranked lists of role models from these candidates. The goal is to recognize the wide range of work being done for inclusion around the world and the diversity of inspiring individuals.
OUTstanding LGBT+ Role Model Lists
The list of LGBT+ Ally Executives includes senior leaders who are allies of the LGBT+ community and are dedicated to creating more LGBT+ inclusive workplaces. Among them are: Marc Pritchard, Chief Brand Officer, Procter & Gamble, Amy Wilson, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at Dow, Jessica Uhl, Chief Financial Officer at Royal Dutch Shell, John Tweeddale, Senior Vice President, Higher Education Services at Pearson, David Eyton, Executive Vice President innovation & engineering at BP, Dr. David Maraldo, Vice President, Global Vaccines & Biologics Commercialization at Merck & Co.
The list of LGBT+ Future Leaders includes inspirational LGBT+ people who are not yet senior leaders in an organization but are making a significant contribution to LGBT+ diversity at work. Among them are: Samantha Nelson, Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) at Shell, Jarrod Trusler, Product Manager at Dow, Jason Chinchilla, Central America Senior Sales Finance Manager at Procter and Gamble, Pedro Kuijt Rumayor, Senior Finance Advisor at Royal Dutch Shell, Andrés López Castaño, Director, Clinical Data Management at MSD.
The list of LGBT+ Executives includes senior LGBT+ executives leading by example and driving change to create more LGBT+ inclusive workplaces. Among them are: Louis A. Vega, President, North America; Vice President, Government Affairs and Advocacy at Dow, Rick Suarez, Country President at AstraZeneca, Michael Sosso, Senior Vice President, Legal at BP, Erik Day, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Small Business at Dell Technologies, Filipe Mota da Silva, Consulting Leader – Energy, Resources and Utilities – UK and EU, TATA Consultancy Services, Javier Constante, President, Latin America and Brazil at Dow
The full lists can be found at outstanding.involverolemodels.org
The judging panel included:
- Jim Fitterling, CEO of Dow, USA, who launched EMERGE, Dow’s first-ever inclusion conference, and is an active member of GLAD, Dow’s LGBT+ and ally employee resource group.
- Dawn Airey, Independent Director of Grosvenor Estates GBI, who has a wealth of experience at the highest levels of business.
- Ashok Vaswani, Global Consumer and Payments Head at Barclays, one of the most inclusive FTSE100 companies, which ranked second in the 2014 Stonewall Global Workplace Equality Index. Ashok Vaswani is the Founding Director of “Lend A Hand India”, a non-profit organization that provides access to education, vocational training, and employment for people living in poverty.
- Harriet Green, CEO & Chairman, Asia Pacific at IBM, who has lived and worked on four continents as a global executive, including winning the Business Leader of the Year at the UK Business Awards in 2013 and the Veuve Clicquot Businesswoman of the Year Award in 2014.
- Suki Sandhu OBE, founder and CEO of INvolve and Audeliss.
- Lianna Brinded, Head of Yahoo Finance UK.
- OUTstanding Role Model Lists
- INvolve, London, UK