The Global Solar Council, a CEO-level industry coalition has been launched by leading international companies in the solar photovoltaic industry. Roland-Jan Meijer is appointed Executive Director of the Council.
Global Solar Council members will engage with policymakers worldwide to demonstrate the progress towards abundant, affordable and low emissions energy already made possible by the solar industry and to emphasize the importance of a supportive policy and trade environment, which will enable the ongoing development of competitively-priced solar energy, driving job creation and economic growth.
The Global Solar Council’s role is complementary to regional trade associations and other stakeholders. Members will work in concert with organizations such as European Photovoltaic Industry Association (EPIA), Asian Photovoltaic Industry Association (APVIA), and Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) to support their efforts on a global level.
Global Solar Council founding members and their representatives are
- Applied Materials (Dr. Charles F. Gay, President, Applied Solar),
- Dow Corning (Robert D. Hansen, CEO),
- DuPont (David B. Miller, President, Dupont Electronics & Communication),
- First Solar (Michael J. Ahearn, Chairman and Interim CEO),
- Lanco Solar (Vutukuri Saibaba, CEO),
- Phoenix Solar (Dr. Andreas Hänel, CEO), and
- Suntech (Dr. Zhengrong Shi, CEO).
- Global Solar Council, Brussels, Belgium