The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) renews its Scientific Committee and the following eight of its ten Scientific Panels:
- Additives and products or substances used in animal feed (FEEDAP)
- Animal health and welfare (AHAW)
- Biological hazards (BIOHAZ)
- Contaminants in the food chain (CONTAM)
- Dietetic products, nutrition and allergies (NDA)
- Genetically modified organisms (GMO)
- Plant health (PLH)
- Plant protection products and their residues (PPR)
Scientists who wish to be considered for membership of the Committee and the Panels can apply before 18 June 2014 at midnight (Local time, GMT +1).
Experts are selected through an open and transparent procedure, based on proven scientific excellence and independence.
The current members are serving a three-year term of office that is due to expire in mid-2015. The new members will be appointed for the following three-year term starting in July 2015.
EFSA is the European Union’s scientific risk assessment body on food and feed safety, nutrition, animal health and welfare, and plant health and protection, tackling issues all along the food chain. The Authority performs environmental risk assessments of genetically modified crops, pesticides, feed additives, and plant pests.
Its Scientific Committee and Panels consist of independent scientists from universities, research institutions, and national food safety authorities. They deliver high-quality scientific advice for Europe’s decision-makers to act on and protect consumers, animals, and plants.