Interested in a career in scientific publishing?
We are looking for an Assistant Editor (f/m)
As a committed and enthusiastic editor, you should have the desire to contribute to the development of ChemistryViews.org – a top interdisciplinary, rapidly growing news and information service for scientists around the world which includes the online magazine ChemViews.
You will be involved in all aspects of the editorial procedures, such as the uploading and writing of content, editing and proof reading of magazine articles, generating and distributing of newsletters, organizing the events calendar, producing and editing videos, assistance with webinars, and contacts with authors and readers from all over the world, ensuring that first-class service is provided.
You should be self-motivated, highly-organized, and pay attention to detail. And you should have:
• A degree in chemistry (preferably a PhD).
• Excellent PC skills, including web editing and graphics software experience.
• An excellent command of the English language (native speaker or equivalent).
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly and professional attitude.
• Enthusiasm in science communication.
• And be able to perform under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and adapt to changing environments.
Previous publishing experience is not required (full training will be provided), but would be advantageous.
The Editorial Office is based at WILEY-VCH in Weinheim, a pleasant small town near Heidelberg in southwest Germany. We offer competitive financial and career rewards, training and career development.
Applicants should send their full CV with a cover letter describing their suitability for the post to:
WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA
Human Resources, Robert Heinje
Boschstraße 12, D-69469 Weinheim
E-Mail: [email protected]