With around 30,000 members, the Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (GDCh) is one of the largest chemical scientific societies in the world. Its members’ journal Nachrichten aus der Chemie (NCh) is one of the most important tools for informing members and organs of the GDCh. Nachrichten aus der Chemie reports on science, business, markets and society as well as on advances in fundamentals and applications. News about people and events not only in the core subject of chemistry, but also in related sciences and technologies are further focal points. The journal reflects changes in academia and the chemical industry as well as developments in academic and non-academic careers in chemistry.
As of January 1, 2023, we are looking
for a full-time (40 h) Trainee (m/f/d)
for Nachrichten aus der Chemie
The editorial office of Nachrichten aus der Chemie produces the monthly issue of the journal in print and online format, as well as the “GDCh-Newsletter aus der Nachrichten-Redaktion” and other GDCh journals.
Training and future responsibilities include:
• A two-year traineeship as editor (m/f/d) of a technical journal with a focus on print and online.
• External advanced training at recognized journalism academies.
• Training in a technical editorial office as well as in other communications departments of the GDCh.
• Researching and writing articles – from the idea, to the research, to the final submission.
• Successfully completed studies in chemistry or related subjects.
• Initial journalistic experience from internships or freelance work with media and/or public relations.
• Very good verbal and written communication skills (English and German).
• Strong interest in science journalism and knowledge communication.
• Curiosity about people researching, working and learning in chemistry.
• Affinity for digital media and experience with social media.
A varied job with a lot of creative freedom and personal responsibility in a pleasant working environment, appropriate pay as well as extensive social benefits and a secure job in an innovative, future-proof institution. Working from home is possible after the completion of the probationary period. In addition, there is the option of permanent employment as an editor (m/f/d) upon correspondingly successful completion of the traineeship and positive performance appraisal by the editor-in-chief and the GDCh management.
If your working style is responsible and structured, and your way of working is characterized by curiosity and out-of-the-box thinking, then we look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you personally.
Please send your documents – preferably by e-mail – to:
Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker, Mr. Volker Kilz
Varrentrappstrasse 40-42, 60486 Frankfurt am Main