The event aims to be an enriching and intellectually stimulating experience for all who are passionate about the diverse and fascinating world of enzymatic processes. Topics are covering all areas of modern enzymology and biocatalysis with discussions on the following key areas:
- Protein Engineering: Dive deep into the latest breakthroughs in designing and optimizing enzymes for specific applications. Explore how we are harnessing the power of molecular biology to tailor enzymes to our needs.
- Retrobiocatalysis: Uncover the potential of retrobiocatalytic processes in deconstructing complex molecules, opening new avenues for sustainable chemical synthesis.
- Industrial Biocatalysis: Discover the real-world applications of biocatalysis in industry and its role in driving environmentally friendly and cost-effective processes.
- Machine Learning: Explore the synergy between artificial intelligence and enzymatic processes, and learn more about how machine learning algorithms are revolutionizing enzyme discovery, optimization, and prediction.
- Cascade Catalysis: Delve into the exciting interface between traditional chemical catalysis and biocatalysis, highlighting the fusion of these two disciplines for enhanced reactivity and selectivity. Furthermore, explores the fascinating world of multi-step biocatalysis, where enzymes collaborate to perform intricate and sequential reactions, mimicking the elegance of natural pathways.
- Birgit Kosjek, MSD
- Prof. Dr. Volker Sieber, Technical University of Munich, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Dörte Rother, Aachen University, Germany
- Prof. Sabine Flitsch, University of Manchester, UK
- Prof. Zhi Li, National University of Singapore
- Dr. Sarah Lovelock, University of Manchester, UK