The following prizes were recently awarded by ChemPubSoc Europe through its journals:
The prestigious EurJIC-Wöhler Young Investigator Prize awarded at the GDCh-Wissenschaftsforum Chemie in Dresden on September 1, 2015 honors a young researcher for an excellent recent paper. This year the second recipient, Dorota Koziej, ETH Zürich, was recognized for her publication “Puzzling Mechanism behind a Simple Synthesis of Cobalt and Cobalt Oxide Nanoparticles: In Situ Synchrotron X-ray Absorption and Diffraction Studies” (Chem. Mater. 2014, 26, 2086–2094).
The first recipient of the EurJOC Young Investigator Award, presented at the European Symposium on Organic Chemistry (ESOC) in Lisbon, is Prof. Dr. Nuno Maulide (University of Vienna, Austria).
Poster prizes were awarded at the XXXV Reunión Bienal of the Royal Spanish Chemical Society to
- Alex Pinto, EurJOC, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain. Supervisor: Prof. Joan Bosch
- Riccardo Gava, ChemSusChem, Universidad de Huelva, Spain. Supervisor: Prof. Pedro J. Pérez.
- Julen Etxabe, ChemCatChem, Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea, Spain. Supervisors: Profs. Mikel Oiarbide and Claudio Palomo
- Fernando Vidal, EurJIC, Colorado State Univ., USA. Supervisor: Prof. E. Y.-X. Chen
and at the 14th International Conference on Inorganic Ring Systems in Regensburg, Germany, to
- Koichi Nagata (Kyoto University, Japan. Supervisor: Prof. Norihiro Tokitoh)
- Jaap E. Borger (VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Supervisor: Prof. Koop Lammertsma)
- Andrew Jupp (University of Oxford, UK. Supervisor: Jose M. Goicoechea)
- Kerstin Freitag (Ruhr University Bochum, Germany. Supervisor: Prof. Roland A. Fischer)
The three poster prize winners at the 7th Spanish-Portuguese-Japanese Organic Chemistry Symposium (SPJ-OCS) sponsored by ChemPubSoc Europe societies Real Sociedad Española de Química, Sociedade Portuguesa de Química, and the Chemical Society of Japan, were Javier Iglesias-Sigüenza (Universidad de Sevilla), Catarina Dias (Universidade de Lisboa), and Satoshi Minakata (Osaka University).
Editorial Board Member Burkhard König presented EurJOC poster prizes at the 7th Pacific Symposium on Radical Chemistry (PSRC-7) at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore) to Joel W. Beatty (University of Michigan) and Mina B. A. Olia (University of Melbourne).
Sophie Feuillastre (University of Lyon 1) was awarded the EurJOC poster prize at the 14th Symposium of the Natural Product Chemistry Institute (CNRS-ICSN) in June at the CNRS campus of Gif-sur-Yvette.
ChemPlusChem awarded poster prizes at the ISNA 2015 in Madrid to Przemyslaw Gawel from François Diederich’s Zurich Group, Ha Le from Ognjen Miljanić’s Houston group, Keisuke Takahashi from Kyoko Nozaki’s Tokyo Group, Yasuto Uchimura from Takanori Suzuki’s Sapporo Group, and Rui Zhang from Yasujiro Murata’s Kyoto group.
At the 12th German Peptide Symposium in Darmstadt the following researchers were selected for ChemBioChem Poster Prizes:
- Ulrike Reinhardt from Oliver Seitz’s group (Humboldt Univ., Berlin)
- Stefanie Hackl from Christian Becker’s group (Univ. Vienna)
- Barbara Hubrich from Ulf Diederichsen’s group (Univ. Göttingen)
- Simon Reiske from Christian Hackenberger’s group (Leibniz-Institut für Molekulare Pharmakologie, Berlin)
ChemMedChem awarded three prizes at the 2015 Spanish-Italian Medicinal Chemistry Congress. For these prizewinners, click here.
At the time of going to press, three prizewinners have not yet been selected for the XXIII National Meeting in Medicinal Chemistry of the SCI in September. In addition two prizewinners will be selected from the Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium running in parallel.
Please support the journals that have donated these prizes with your top manuscripts.
ChemPubSoc Europe wishes all prizewinners continued success in their careers.