This meeting will bring together researchers from academia and industry to discuss recent advances in our understanding of the fate and behaviour of nanomaterials, their applications, their potential effects on the environment and key issues relating to maintaining the economic and social benefits of nanotechnology.
Invited Keynote Speakers
- Professor Jamie Lead, University of South Carolina, USA
Nanotechnology and microbiology for oil remediation
- Professor Iseult Lynch, University of Birmingham, UK
The nanoparticles new clothes: measuring, modelling and predicting complex and evolving environmental coronas
- Dr. Denise Mitrano, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
Small(er) particles, big(ger) problems? Putting environmental impacts of nano- and microplastic into context
- Professor Greg Goss, University of Alberta, USA
Nanotox testing – Have we got it right?
Hands on Workshops on Advanced Nanoparticle Analysis
- Workshop 1: Detection of Microplastics using FTIR Microscopy
- Workshop 2: Assessing the Life Cycle of Engineered Materials using Single Particle ICP-MS in Air, Water and Biological Ecosystems.
- Workshop 3: TOF-ICP-MS measurements of Single Particles