Associate Professor Patchanita Thamyongkit, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand, has received the Wiley–Chemical Society of Thailand (CST) Award for Contributions to Green Chemistry 2016. The prize honors outstanding green chemistry research by young Thai chemists. The award was presented at the Pure and Applied Chemistry International Conference (PACCON 2017) in Bangkok, Thailand, on February 2, 2017.
Professor Thamyongkit’s research focuses on the development of highly conjugated materials, especially porphyrins and related oligopyrrole derivatives, for optoelectronic and photoelectrocatalytic applications.
Patchanita Thamyongkit studied chemistry at Chulalongkorn University and the University of Tübingen, Germany, where she received her Ph.D. in 2002. From 2002 to 2005, she was a postdoctoral researcher with Jonathan S. Lindsey at North Carolina State University, Raleigh, USA. In 2005, she joined the faculty of Chulalongkorn University, where she currently holds the position of Associate Professor of Chemistry.
Among other honors, Thamyongkit has received a German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarship, the Young Chemist Award from the 42nd IUPAC Congress, Glasgow, UK, in 2009, and the ICTP Prize from the International Center of Theoretical Physics (ICTP) in 2013.
- Systematic Investigation of Porphyrin-Thiophene Conjugates for Ternary Bulk Heterojunction Solar Cells,
Wittawat Keawsongsaeng, Jacek Gasiorowski, Patrick Denk, Kerstin Oppelt, Dogukan H. Apaydin, Rojrit Rojanathanes, Kurt Hingerl, Markus Scharber, Niyazi Serdar Sariciftci, Patchanita Thamyongkit,
Adv. Energy Mater. 2016, 6, 1600957.
- Synthesis, characterization and properties of a bio-based poly(glycerol azelate) polyester,
Thitipat Chongcharoenchaikul, Patchanita Thamyongkit, Sirilux Poompradub,
Mater. Chem. Phys. 2016, 177, 485–495.
- (Metallo)porphyrins as Potent Phototoxic Anti-Cancer Agents after Irradiation with Red Light,
Philipp M. Antoni, Anu Naik, Ina Albert, Riccardo Rubbiani, Susmita Gupta, Pilar Ruiz-Sanchez, Pornkanok Munikorn, José M. Mateos, Vera Luginbuehl, Patchanita Thamyongkit, Urs Ziegler, Gilles Gasser, Gunnar Jeschke, Bernhard Spingler,
Chem. Eur. J. 2015, 21, 1179–1183.
- Porphyrin containing lipophilic amide groups as a photosensitizer for dye-sensitized solar cells,
J. Gasiorowski, N. Pootrakulchote, C. Reanprayoon, K. Jaisabuy, P. Vanalabhpatana, N. S. Sariciftci, P. Thamyongkit,
RSC Adv. 2015, 5, 72900–72906.
- A polydiacetylene–nested porphyrin conjugate for dye-sensitized solar cells,
Nuttapol Pootrakulchote, Chawanwit Reanprayoon, Jacek Gasiorowski, Niyazi Serdar Sariciftci, Patchanita Thamyongkit,
New J. Chem. 2015, 39, 9228–9233.
- Harmonization of upconverting nanocrystals and photosensitizer for antimicrobial application,
Thapakorn Tree-Udom, Patchanita Thamyongkit, Nawaporn Wiratkasem, Chanpen Chanchao, Tanapat Palaga, Numpon Insin, Sirirat Rengpipat, Prompong Pienpinijtham, Supason Wanichwecharungruang,
RSC Adv. 2015, 5, 102416–102423.
Also of Interest
- Green Chemistry Award for Siwaporn M. Smith,
ChemViews Mag. 2016.
Recognizing outstanding green chemistry research by young Thai chemists
- Wiley-CST Green Chemistry Award,
ChemViews Mag. 2015.
Thai researchers honored for their contributions to environmentally friendly chemistry
- Award for Contributions to Green Chemistry,
ChemViews Mag. 2014.
A. Arpornwichanop, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand, has received the Wiley–Chemical Society of Thailand (CST) Award
- See more awards Wiley is involved in