For its anniversary, the German Chemical Society (GDCh) has dug up a box of photos of chemists from their archive. Among those photographed are GDCh Presidents, Nobel Prize winners, and many other well-known chemists.
For eleven weeks, we uncovered one of the photographs each Monday and invited you to guess who is pictured. From all correct entries, twelve winners were selected at random at the WiFo 2017, the largest GDCh biannual conference.
► See all chemists we were looking for
- 1 copy of The Nature of the Mechanical Bond (C. J. Bruns, J. F. Stoddart): K. McCarthy, Irland
- 1 copy of A Philatelic Ramble through Chemistry (E. Heilbronner, F. A. Miller): A. Herzog, Brasil
- 1 copy of Molecules that Changed the World (K. C. Nicolaou, T. Montagnon): V. Antonenko
- 3 GDCh T shirts: R. E. Islas; Y. Amar, UK; S. Schriefer, Germany
- 3 ChemistryViews.org power banks: M. Gollu, Turky; T. Kumar Dutta, India; K. M. Jablonka, Schwitzerland
- 3 GDCh mugs: E. Baum, Germany; D. Novak, Germany; T. Wächter, Germany
Congratulations to all winners and thank you very much for all of your answers.