The sixth Polymer International–IUPAC Award for Creativity in Applied Polymer Science or Polymer Technology has been awarded to Cyrille Andre Boyer, The University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia, at the World Polymer Congress (Macro 2018) in Cairns, Australia. The award honors polymer researchers under the age of 40 and includes USD 5,000 plus expenses and travel to the World Polymer Congress.
Cyrille Boyer received his Ph.D. in polymer chemistry in 2006 from the University of Montpellier II, France. He is currently Co-Director of the Australian Centre for NanoMedicine, School of Chemical Engineering, UNSW, and a member of the Centre for Advanced Macromolecular Design (CAMD) at UNSW. Among other honors, he has received the 2015 Malcolm McIntosh Prize for Physical Scientist of the Year, the 2016 Biomacromolecules/Macromolecules Young Investigator Award, and the 2018 Polymer Chemistry Lectureship.
Boyer’s research interests include photopolymerization reactions, light-responsive materials, applications of living/controlled free radical polymerization, the synthesis of polymeric nanoparticles for drug delivery and imaging, and the development of hybrid organic/inorganic nanoparticles for hydrogen storage. His team has pioneered the photoinduced electron/energy transfer–reversible addition‐fragmentation chain‐transfer (PET‐RAFT) polymerization.
- An Oxygen-Tolerant PET-RAFT Polymerization for Screening Structure-Activity Relationships,
Adam J. Gormley, Jonathan Yeow, Gervase Ng, Órla Conway, Cyrille Boyer, Robert Chapman,
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 1557–1562.
- Towards Sequence-Controlled Antimicrobial Polymers: Effect of Polymer Block Order on Antimicrobial Activity,
Peter R. Judzewitsch, Thuy-Khanh Nguyen, Sivaprakash Shanmugam, Edgar H. H. Wong, Cyrille Boyer,
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 4559–4564.
- Highly Bactericidal Macroporous Antimicrobial Polymeric Gel for Point-of-Use Water Disinfection,
Amit Kumar, Cyrille Boyer, Leena Nebhani, Edgar H. H. Wong,
Sci. Rep. 2018.
- Precise synthesis of poly(N-acryloyl amino acid) through photoinduced living polymerization,
Guofeng Li, Wenli Feng, Nathaniel Corrigan, Cyrille Boyer, Xing Wang, Jiangtao Xu,
Polym. Chem. 2018, 9, 2733–2745.
- Enhanced colloidal stability and protein resistance of layered double hydroxide nanoparticles with phosphonic acid-terminated PEG coating for drug delivery,
Zhenbang Cao, Nik Nik M. Adnan, Guoying Wang, Aditya Rawal, Bingyang Shi, Ruizhe Liu, Kang Liang, Lingyun Zhao, J. Justin Gooding, Cyrille Boyer, Zi Gu,
J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2018, 521, 242–251.
- A Robust and Versatile Photoinduced Living Polymerization of Conjugated and Unconjugated Monomers and Its Oxygen Tolerance,
Jiangtao Xu, Kenward Jung, Amir Atme, Sivaprakash Shanmugam, Cyrille Boyer,
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 5508–5519.
- The design and utility of polymer-stabilized iron-oxide nanoparticles for nanomedicine applications,
Cyrille Boyer, Michael R. Whittaker, Volga Bulmus, Jingquan Liu, Thomas P. Davis,
NPG Asia Mater. 2010, 2, 23–30.
- Well-Defined Protein−Polymer Conjugates via in Situ RAFT Polymerization,
Cyrille Boyer, Volga Bulmus, Jingquan Liu, Thomas P. Davis, Martina H. Stenzel, Christopher Barner-Kowollik,
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007, 129, 7145–7154.
Also of Interest
- Fifth Polymer International–IUPAC Award,
ChemViews Mag. 2016.
Richard Hoogenboom, Ghent University, Belgium, honored
- Event: World Polymer Congress (MACRO 2018)
Covering all areas of polymer science and engineering