Christoph Bräuchle, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU), Munich, Germany, celebrates his 75th birthday on March 12, 2022.
Professor Bräuchle’s research interests include the imaging, spectroscopy, and manipulation of single molecules in the nano- and biosciences, fluorescence live-cell imaging, single-virus tracing, and force spectroscopy, as well as single-molecule dynamics in nanoporous systems.
Christoph Bräuchle studied chemistry and physics at the Technical University of Berlin and the University of Tübingen, both Germany. He received his Ph.D. in physical chemistry from LMU in 1978. After postdoctoral research at IBM Laboratories in San Jose, CA, USA, he completed his habilitation at LMU in 1982. There, he was appointed Assistant Professor in 1984, and Professor for Physical Chemistry in 1988.
Among other honors, Bräuchle has been awarded the Philip Morris Research Award “New Ways in Material Science” in 1993, the Karl Heinz Beckurts Prize by the Karl Heinz Beckurts Foundation in 2002, and the Walther Nernst Medal by the Deutsche Bunsen-Gesellschaft für physikalische Chemie e.V. (DBG, German Bunsen Society for Physical Chemistry) in 2015. He is a Member of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and the Academia Europaea.
- Synergistic Combination of Calcium and Citrate in Mesoporous Nanoparticles Targets Pleural Tumors,
Constantin von Schirnding, Ioanna Giopanou, Adam Hermawan, Lisa Wehl, Giannoula Ntaliarda, Bernhard Illes, Stefan Datz, Franz Geisslinger, Karin Bartel, Ann-Katrin Sommer, Marina Lianou, Veronika Weiß, Johann Feckl, Angelika M. Vollmar, Christoph Bräuchle, Georgios T. Stathopoulos, Ernst Wagner, Andreas Roidl, Thomas Bein, Hanna Engelke,
Chem 2021, 7, 480–494.
- Microdomain Formation Controls Spatiotemporal Dynamics of Cell-Surface Glycoproteins,
Leonhard Möckl, Andrea K. Horst, Katharina Kolbe, Thisbe K. Lindhorst, Christoph Bräuchle,
ChemBioChem 2015, 16, 2023–2028.
- Colchicine-Loaded Lipid Bilayer-Coated 50 nm Mesoporous Nanoparticles Efficiently Induce Microtubule Depolymerization upon Cell Uptake,
Valentina Cauda, Hanna Engelke, Anna Sauer, Delphine Arcizet, Christoph Bräuchle, Joachim Rädler, Thomas Bein,
Nano Lett. 2010, 10, 2484–2492.
- Metal-Enhanced Fluorescence of Chlorophylls in Single Light-Harvesting Complexes,
Sebastian Mackowski, Stephan Wörmke, Andreas J. Maier, Tatas H. P. Brotosudarmo, Hayk Harutyunyan, Achim Hartschuh, Alexander O. Govorov, Hugo Scheer, Christoph Bräuchle,
Nano Lett. 2007, 8, 558–564.
- Exploration of nanostructured channel systems with single-molecule probes,
Johanna Kirstein, Barbara Platschek, Christophe Jung, Ross Brown, Thomas Bein, Christoph Bräuchle,
Nat. Mater. 2007, 6, 303–310.
- Visualizing single-molecule diffusion in mesoporous materials,
Andreas Zürner, Johanna Kirstein, Markus Döblinger, Christoph Bräuchle, Thomas Bein,
Nature 2007, 450, 705–708.
Also of Interest
- Walther Nernst Medal Awarded to Christoph Bräuchle,
Honoring achievements in applied physical chemistry