Dr. Monika Jerigova, Comenius University and International Laser Center, both Bratislava, Slovakia, has been elected President of the Slovak Chemical Society (SCHS, Slovenská chemická spoločnosť) for three years starting from January 1, 2020. She is the third woman to become President of the SCHS.
Monika Jerigova studied chemistry at the Comenius University Bratislava and gained her Ph.D. in physical chemistry in 2004. During her Ph.D., she was a Research Assistant at the Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria. Currently, Monika Jerigova is an Assistant Professor at Comenius University and a Scientist at the International Laser Center, both in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Her research focuses on secondary ion mass spectrometry for analyzing the chemical composition of different materials, especially surfaces. Her interests extend from meteorites, through MXenes and perovskites, to biological samples. She was among the first who used adaptive control of post-ionization in secondary ion mass spectrometry with laser pulse shaping.
Monika Jerigova has been a member of the Slovak Chemical Society since 2002. She was the Executive Director of the organizing committee of the society’s conferences in 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, and 2013. These conferences are the joint national conferences of the Slovak and the Czech Chemical Societies, with an average number of participants over 500. Since 2005, she has been working as an Assistant Editor of ChemZi, the membership magazine of the Slovak Chemical Society.
- Lenka Lorencova, Tomas Bertok, Jaroslav Filip, Monika Jerigova, Dusan Velic, Peter Kasak, Khaled A. Mahmoud, Jan Tkac, Highly stable Ti3C2Tx (MXene)/Pt nanoparticles-modified glassy carbon electrode for H2O2 and small molecules sensing applications, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 2018, 263, 360–368. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2018.02.124
- D. Lorenc, M. Jerigova, M. Stupavska, D. Velic, Adaptive Control of Ion Yield in Femtosecond Laser Post-ionization for Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry, Scientific Reports 2017, 7(1), 5953. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-017-06562-9
- Lenka Lorencova, Tomas Bertok, Erika Dosekova, Alena Holazova, Darina Paprckova, Alica Vikartovska, Vlasta Sasinkova, Jaroslav Filip, Peter Kasak, Monika Jerigova, Dusan Velic, Khaled A. Mahmoud, Jan Tkaca, Electrochemical performance of Ti3C2Tx MXene in aqueous media: towards ultrasensitive H2O2 sensing, Electrochimica Acta 2017, 235, 471–479. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2017.03.073
- S. Halaszova, M. Jerigova, D. Lorenc, D. Velic, Preparation of Cyclodextrin–Iron Species in Water by Laser Ablation: Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry, ChemPhysChem 2015, 16(10), 2110–2113. https://doi.org/10.1002/cphc.201500215
- M. Jerigova, C. Biro, J. Kirchnerova, A. Chorvatova, D. Chorvat, D. Lorenc, D. Velic, Chemical imaging of cardiac cell and tissue by using secondary ion mass spectrometry, Molecular Imaging and Biology 2013, 13(6), 1067–1076. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11307-010-0460-4