Professor Arnd Vogler, University of Regensburg, Germany, passed away on May 16, 2020.
Arnd Vogler, born 1938, received his Ph.D. from the Technical University of Munich, Germany, under Ernst Otto Fischer in 1965. In 1969, he became Professor of inorganic chemistry at the University of Regensburg, Germany. In 2004, he was retired.
Arnd Vogler’s research focused on organometallic chemistry and photochemistry of organometallic compounds, for example, for the conversion and storage of solar energy.
- Arnd Vogler, Phosphorescent iron complexes? Intraligand luminescence of solid Fe(II)(binap)Cl2 at room temperature, Inorganic Chemistry Communications 2016, 67, 32-34. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.inoche.2016.02.024
- H. Kunkely, A. Vogler, Photolysis of aqueous [(NH3)5Os(mu-N2)Os(NH3)5]5+: cleavage of dinitrogen by an intramolecular photoredox reaction, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 1591-1593. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.200905026
- H. Kunkely, A. Vogler, Water splitting by light with osmocene as photocatalyst, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2009, 48, 1685-1687. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.200804712
- V. Pawlowski, G. Knör, C. Lennartz, A. Vogler, Europ. J. Inorg. Chem. 2005, 3167-3171. https://doi.org/10.1002/ejic.200400959
- H. Kunkely, A. Vogler, Optical properties of bis(cyclopentadienyl)magnesium: Excimer-type luminescence of the bis(cyclopentadienyl) ligand frame, Journal of Organometallic Chemistry 2004, 689, 2940-2943. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jorganchem.2004.05.048
- Arnd Vogler, Horst Kunkely, Photochemistry induced by metal-to-ligand charge transfer excitation, Coordination Chemistry Reviews 2000, 208(1), 321-329. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-8545(99)00246-5
- Photochemistry and Photophysics of Coordination Compounds (Eds: Hartmut Yersin, Arnd Vogler), Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 1987.
- Arnd Vogler, Joachim Hlavatsch, Photochemical Four‐Electron Redox Reaction of Hexaazidoplatinate(IV), Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 1983. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.198301542
- Arnd Vogler, Josef Kisslinger, Intervalence Transfer between Hexaaminecobalt(III) and Hexacyanoruthenate(II), Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 1982. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.198200772
- Arnd Vogler, Alfred Kern, Jürgen Hüttermann, Photochemical Reductive trans‐Elimination from trans‐Diazidotetracyanoplatinate(IV), Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 1978. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.197805241