Professor Michael Röper, formerly BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany, celebrates his 70th birthday on May 2, 2021.
Michael Röper received his Ph.D. in chemistry from the Technical University of Aachen (RWTH), Germany, where he also finished his habilitation with work on technical chemistry. In 1985, he joined the R&D division of BASF, where he developed products and processes with an emphasis on homogeneous catalysis. He later was appointed Vice President R&D Cooperation at BASF.
Starting in 2007, Röper was responsible for BASF’s university cooperation program, especially in the field of publicly funded projects. As part of his work, he developed thematic input for national funding programs as well as for the 7th framework program (FP7) of the European Union. He also participated in the European Technology Platform (ETP) SusChem. Röper also serves as a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of Ullmann’s Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry.
- Wie sich Unternehmen versorgen (in German),
Nachr. Chem. 2011, 59, 443–443.
- Nutzung von Kohlendioxid als Rohstoff für die Chemische Industrie? (in German),
B. Rieger, M. Röper,
Chem. Ing. Tech. 2009, 81, 1128–1128.
- β-H Transfer from the Metallacyclobutane: A Key Step in the Deactivation and Byproduct Formation for the Well-Defined Silica-Supported Rhenium Alkylidene Alkene Metathesis Catalyst,
A.-M. Leduc, A. Salameh, D. Soulivong, M. Chabanas, J.-M. Basset, C. Copéret, X. Solans-Monfort, E. Clot, O. Eisenstein, V. P. W. Böhm, M. Röper,
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 6288–6297.
- CH3-ReO3 on γ-Al2O3: Activity, selectivity, active site and deactivation in olefin metathesis,
A. Salameh, A. Baudouin, D. Soulivong, V. Böhm, M. Röper, J.-M. Basset, C. Copéret,
J. Catal. 2008, 253, 180–190.
- Rhenium(VII) Oxide/Aluminum Oxide: More Experimental Evidence for an Oxametallacyclobutane Intermediate and a Pseudo-Wittig Initiation Step in Olefin Metathesis,
A. Salameh, C. Copéret, J.-M. Basset, V. P. W. Böhm, M. Röper,
Adv. Synth. Catal. 2007, 349, 238–242.
- Vacuum-driven anionic ligand exchange in Buchmeiser–Hoveyda–Grubbs ruthenium(II) benzylidenes,
D. C. Braddock, K. Tanaka, D. Chadwick, V. P. W. Böhm, M. Röper,
Tetrahedron Lett. 2007, 48, 5301–5303.
- Anionic Ligand Exchange in Hoveyda−Grubbs Ruthenium(II) Benzylidenes,
K. Tanaka, V. P. W. Böhm, D. Chadwick, M. Röper, D. C. Braddock,
Organometallics 2006, 25, 5696–5698.
Also of Interest
- Ullmann’s Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry
- M. Röper: Ullmann’s and Chemical Engineering Evolution,
ChemViews Mag. 2011.
Michael Röper talks about his involvement with Ullmann’s Encyclopedia throughout the years and what he enjoys most about his career