Pilar Goya Laza, Instituto de Química Médica, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC, Spanish National Research Council), Madrid, Spain, celebrates her 70th birthday on September 20, 2021. Her research deals with different aspects of medicinal chemistry and drug design, including the modulation of the endocannabinoid system and therapeutic approaches for the treatment of metabolic diseases, pain, cancer, and neurodegeneration.
Pilar Goya Laza received her Ph.D. in chemistry from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain. She performed postdoctoral research with Wolfgang Pfleiderer, University of Konstanz, Germany, with a scholarship by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
Currently, she serves as Research Professor of CSIC. From 1991 to 1996, she served as Head of International Affairs of CSIC. Goya Laza has served as Director of the Instituto de Química Médica, Vice-President of the Spanish Royal Society of Chemistry (RSEQ), President of the Spanish Society of Medicinal Chemistry (SEQT), and from 2018 to 2020, as President of the European Chemical Society (EuChems). She is an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC).
- Past, Present and Future of the European Chemical Society (EuChemS),
F. P. J. T. Rutjes, P. Goya Laza,
Chem. Eur. J. 2020, 26, 10909–10911.
- Emerging strategies targeting CB2 cannabinoid receptor: Biased agonism and allosterism,
Paula Morales, P. Goya Laza, Nadine Jagerovic,
Biochem. Pharmacol. 2018, 157, 8–17.
- EuCheMS ECC7 in Liverpool: Chemistry and More!,
P. Goya Laza,
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 10384–10385.
- Study of Meldrum’s Acid Cyclization Reactions,
C.Trujillo, P. Goya Laza, I. Rozas,
J. Phys. Chem. A 2018, 122, 2535–2541.
- Exploring the Benzimidazole Ring as a Substitution for Indole in Cannabinoid Allosteric Modulators,
L. Hernandez-Folgado, L. A. Stevenson, P. Morales, M. Gómez-Cañas, M. Ruth Pazos, M. Grazia Cascio, N. Jagerovic, J. Elguero, R. Pertwee, P. Goya Laza,
Cannabis Cannabinoid Res. 2016, 1, 196–201.
- Allosteric Modulators of the CB1 Cannabinoid Receptor: A Structural Update Review,
P. Morales, P. Goya Laza, N.Jagerovic, L. Hernandez-Folgado,
Cannabis Cannabinoid Res. 2016, 1, 22–30.
- Cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2) agonists and antagonists: a patent update,
P. Morales, L. Hernandez-Folgado, P. Goya Laza, N. Jagerovic,
Expert Opin. Ther. Pat. 2016, 26, 843–856.
- El dolor (¿Qué sabemos de…?),
P. Goya Laza, M. I. Martín Fontelles,
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 2010.
- Cannabinoids and Neuropathic Pain,
P. Goya Laza, N. Jagerovic, L. Hernandez-Folgado, M. Martin,
Mini-Rev. Med. Chem. 2003, 3, 765–772.