Professor Izabela Nowak, Adam Mickiewicz University (AMU) in Poznań, Poland, has been re-elected President of the Polish Chemical Society (PCS) for a three-year term starting in January 2022.
Izabela Nowak studied chemistry at the Adam Mickiewicz University (AMU), Poznań, Poland, and the University of Reading, UK, and received her M.Sc. from AMU in 1993. She then started working at AMU where she received her Ph.D. in 1997. From 2000 to 2001, she held a postdoctoral position at the University of Liverpool, UK, she stayed at the Kent State University, OH, USA, as a Fulbright Senior Fellow in 2003, and as a Kosciuszko Foundation Grantee in 2007. Since 2014, she is a Full Professor at AMU.
In 2008, Izabela Nowak was awarded the Prime Minister Award of Poland, and, in 2011, she was recognized as “Distinguished Women in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering” by the American Chemical Society (ACS) and the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC).
Izabela Nowak’s research focuses on synthesis and modification of novel ordered materials, the development of new heterogeneous catalysts for green chemistry processes, and modern synthesis/characterization strategies for cosmetics and cosmeceuticals.
- A. Feliczak-Guzik, I. Nowak, Application of glycerol to synthesis of solvo-surfactants by using mesoporous materials containing niobium, Microp. Mesop. Mater. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micromeso.2018.11.008
- A. Zielińska, C. Martins-Gomes, N. R. Ferreira, A. M. Silva, I. Nowak, E. B. Souto, Anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer activity of citral: Optimization of citral-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN) using experimental factorial design and LUMiSizer®, Int. J. Pharma. 2018, 553(1-2), 428–440. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2018.10.065
- M. Dąbrowska, A. Mielcarek, I. Nowak, Evaluation of sex-related changes in skin topography and structure using innovative skin testing equipment, Skin Res. Technol. 2018, 24(4), 614–620. https://doi.org/10.1111/srt.12473
- A. Feliczak-Guzik, M. Sprynskyy, I. Nowak, M. Jaroniec, B. Buszewski, J. Coll. Interf. Sci. 2018, 516, 379–383. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2018.01.090
- A. Olejnik, A. Sliwowska, I. Nowak, A conjugate of jasmonic acid and tetrapeptide Tyr-Tyr-Lys-Ser-NH2 as a potential ingredient for skin care products-synthesis and characterization, New J. Chem. 2018, 42(14), 11268–11272. https://doi.org/10.1039/c8nj01843j
- A. Feliczak-Guzik, B. Jadach, H. Piotrowska, M. Murias, J. Lulek, I. Nowak, Synthesis and characterization of SBA-16 type mesoporous materials containing amine groups, Microp. Mesop. Mater. 2016, 220, 231–238. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micromeso.2015.09.006
- A. Wawrzyńczak, A. Feliczak-Guzik, I. Nowak, Mesoporous silica films with accessible pore structures on iron oxide, Dyes Pig. 2016, 124, 27–34. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dyepig.2015.08.025
- A. Olejnik, I. Nowak, Atomic force microscopy analysis of synthetic membranes applied in release studies, Appl. Surf. Sci. 2015, 355, 686–697. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2015.07.145
- A. Olejnik, J. Goscianska, I. Nowak, Active compounds release from semisolid dosage forms, J. Pharm. Sci. 2012, 101(11), 4032–4045. https://doi.org/10.1002/jps.23289
- I. Nowak, M. Ziolek, Niobium Compounds: Preparation, Characterization, and Application in Heterogeneous Catalysis, Chem. Rev. 1999, 99(12), 3603–3624. https://doi.org/10.1021/cr9800208