Dr. Stanislas Pommeret, CEA/Saclay Fundamental Research Division, Saclay, France, was elected President of the Société Chimique de France (SCF; French Chemical Society) from 2021 to 2024. He succeeds Professor Marc Taillefer, Research Director at the CNRS, Montpellier, France.
Stanislas Pommeret graduated from ENSTA-ParisTech, France, in 1987 and continued his studies at the University of Paris-Saclay, France, where he obtained a master’s degree in physics in 1988, a Ph.D. in physicalchemical in 1991, and a habilitation in 1998. He held positions at GIFEN (the French Nuclear Industry Association) and the Commission Nationale d’Evaluation (CNE2; responsible in France for evaluating the results of research on the management of high-level, long-lived radioactive waste).
Since 2021, he is Energy Advisor of the Fundamental Research Division at CEA, the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission.
Stanislas Pommeret’s main research interests in chemical physics are solvation, proton transfer, femtosecond metrology, hydrogen bonding in bulk water and nano-confined media, and primary phenomena in radiation chemistry. Recently, he has been interested in the economics of electricity in the context of the energy transition.
From 2005 to 2015, Stanislas Pommeret was an active member of the Division of Physical Chemistry (DCP) of the French Physical Society (SFP) and the Chemical Society of France (SCF). He was its President from 2011 to 2015. He created and was president of a SCF transversal division on energy from 2015 to 2021. From 2012 to 2018, he was one of the Vice-Presidents of the SCF.
Selected Publications by Stanislas Pommeret
- Jacques Percebois, Stanislas Pommeret, Efficiency and dependence in the European electricity transition, Energy Policy 2021, 154, 112300. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2021.112300
- Raluca Musat, Jean Philippe Renault, Marco Candelaresi, D. Jason Palmer, Sophie Le Caër, Roberto Righini, Stanislas Pommeret, Finite Size Effects on Hydrogen Bonds in Confined Water, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.200802630
- S. Pommeret, F. Gobert, M. Mostafavi, I. Lampre, J.-C. Mialocq, Femtochemistry of the Hydrated Electron at Decimolar Concentration, J. Phys. Chem. A 2001, 105(51), 11400–11406. https://doi.org/10.1021/jp0123381
- T.-H. Tran-Thi, T. Gustavsson, C. Prayer, S. Pommeret, James T. Hynes, Primary ultrafast events preceding the photoinduced proton transfer from pyranine to water, Chem. Phys. Let. 2000, 329 (5–6), 421–430. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-2614(00)01037-X
- Y. Gauduel, S. Pommeret, A. Migus, A. Antonetti, Femtosecond dynamics of geminate pair recombination in pure liquid water, J. Phys. Chem. 1989, 93(10), 3880–3882. https://doi.org/10.1021/j100347a002