Dr. Marijn E. Dekkers, Bayer AG, (left) and Dr. Kurt Bock, BASF SE, (right) were elected as vice presidents of the Association of Chemical Industry (Verband der Chemischen Industrie, VCI) at the general meeting in Munich, Germany.
Sabine Herold, DELO Industrial Adhesives GmbH & Co. KGaA, Windach, Germany, and Paul-Hermann Bauder, Paul Bauder GmbH & Co. KG, Stuttgart, Germany, were elected to the administrative committee of the Association.
The board of the VCI is now composed of:
- Dr. Klaus Engel, Evonik Industries AG, Essen, Germany
- Dr. Kurt Bock, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany
- Dr. Marijn E. Dekkers, Bayer AG, Leverkusen, Germany
- Dr. Karl-Ludwig Kley, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
The VCI represents the economic interests of 1,650 German chemical companies and German subsidiaries of foreign corporations — over 90 % of the German chemical industry — to politicians, authorities, other sectors of the economy, science and the media.
- Verband der Chemischen Industrie (VCI), Frankfurt, Germany