Professor Dr. Igor Tkatchenko, France, celebrates his 75th birthday on December 4, 2014.
Igor Tkatchenko is an eminent organometallic chemist. After postdoctoral research with G. Wilke at the Max Planck Institute for Coal Research in Mülheim-Ruhr, Germany, he worked at the Laboratoire de Chimie de Coordination, CNRS, Toulouse, France, and at the Institut de Recherches sur la Catalyse, CNRS, Villeurbanne, France. He then joined the Institute for Molecular Chemistry (L’Institut de Chimie Moléculaire, ICMUB), University of Bourgogne, France, where he served as Research Director until his retirement.
Professor Tkatchenko serves as the General Secretary of the French Chemical Society (Société Chimique de France, SCF). He has been representing ChemPubSoc Europe for many years and is a board member of ChemViews Magazine.
- Straightforward Synthesis of Donor-Stabilised Phosphenium Adducts from Imidazolium-2-carboxylate and Their Electronic Properties,
Michèle Azouri, Jacques Andrieu, Michel Picquet, Philippe Richard, Bernard Hanque, Igor Tkatchenko,
Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2007, 4877–4883.
- Chemical Pathways: 150 Years of Evolution of Chemistry,
Laurence Lestel, Igor Tkatchenko,
Chem. Eur. J. 2007, 13, 5322–5325.
- 1,3-Dimethylimidazolium-2-carboxylate: the unexpected synthesis of an ionic liquid precursor and carbene-CO2 adduct,
John D. Holbrey, W. Matthew Reichert, Igor Tkatchenko, Ezzedine Bouajila, Olaf Walter, Immacolata Tommasi, Robin D. Rogers,
Chem. Commun. 2003, 28–29.
- Synthesis of cationic and neutral methallyl nickel complexes and applications in ethene oligomerisation,
Michel C. Bonnet, Françoise Dahan, Axel Ecke, Wilhelm Keim, Rolf P. Schulz, Igor Tkatchenko,
J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun. 1994, 615–616.
Also of Interest
- Over 100 hours of science,
Nachr. Chem. 2008, 56, 530–532.