Dr. Anna Company Casadevall, University of Girona, Spain, has been awarded the Clara Immerwahr Award 2015 for her research in bioinorganic chemistry, and in particular the development of models for copper and non-heme iron proteins involved in oxygen activation. The prize was presented during a special ceremony with a guest lecture held by Professor Petra Schwille at Technical University of Berlin (TU Berlin), Germany, on February 13, 2015.
Since its launch in 2011, the Clara Immerwahr Award has been presented annually to a young female scientist at an early stage of her career for outstanding achievements in catalysis research. The award is presented by the Cluster of Excellence UniCat (Unifying Concepts in Catalysis), TU Berlin, and includes a 15,000 EUR endowment for a research stay at UniCat.
Anna Company Casadevall studied chemistry at the University of Girona, Spain, and received her Ph.D. in bioinorganic chemistry there in 2008 under the supervision of Miguel Costas. She joined Matthias Drieß at TU Berlin for post-doctoral research. Dr. Company subsequently returned to Girona, were she is currently researching first-row transition metal complexes as models of biological systems.
- Building Complexity in O2-Binding Copper Complexes. Site-Selective Metalation and Intermolecular O2-Binding at Dicopper and Heterometallic Complexes Derived from an Unsymmetric Ligand,
Joan Serrano-Plana, Miquel Costas, Anna Company,
Inorg. Chem. 2014, 53, 12929–12938.
- Selective Ortho-Hydroxylation–Defluorination of 2-Fluorophenolates with a Bis(μ-oxo)dicopper(III) Species,
Joan Serrano-Plana, Isaac Garcia-Bosch, Ryosuke Miyake, Miquel Costas, Anna Company,
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 9608–9612.
- Palladium-catalysed hydroxylation and alkoxylation,
Stephan Enthaler, Anna Company,
Chem. Soc. Rev. 2011, 40, 4912–4924.
- Stereospecific C–H Oxidation with H2O2 Catalyzed by a Chemically Robust Site-Isolated Iron Catalyst,
Laura Gómez, Isaac Garcia-Bosch, Anna Company, Jordi Benet-Buchholz, Alfonso Polo, Xavier Sala, Xavi Ribas, Miquel Costas,
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2009, 48, 5720–5723.
- Alkane Hydroxylation by a Nonheme Iron Catalyst that Challenges the Heme Paradigm for Oxygenase Action,
Anna Company, Laura Gómez, Mireia Güell, Xavi Ribas, Josep M. Luis, Lawrence Que, Jr., Miquel Costas,
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007, 129, 15766–15767.