Guy Lavigne, Emeritus Research Director, CNRS Toulouse, France, has passed away on April 23.
Lavigne studied chemistry at the University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France, and received his Ph.D. from the University Pierre & Marie Curie, Paris, France, in 1979 under the supervision of Yves Jeannin. After postdoctoral research with Herbert D. Kaesz at the University of California, Los Angeles, USA, he returned to Toulouse and joined the CNRS (Centre national de la recherche scientifique) as Researcher. Lavigne became Senior Researcher at CNRS in 1988, and head of the group “Molecular design of transition-metal pre-catalysts” in 2003. After his retirement in 2012, he remained in Toulouse as Emeritus Research Director.
Professor Lavigne’s research focused on organometallic chemistry and new catalytic reactions. His interests included ruthenium chemistry, base-promoted reactions of metal carbonyls, C–C bond forming reactions, C–H/olefin coupling, olefin metathesis, and the chemistry of N-heterocyclic carbenes.
He was a member of the board of the Division of Inorganic Chemistry of EuCheMS, President of the Coordination Chemistry Division of the Société Chimique de France (SCF) from 2006 to 2009, and a member of the administrative council of the SCF from 2010 to 2012.
- Efficient and Versatile Buchwald-Hartwig Amination of (Hetero)aryl Chlorides Using the Pd-PEPPSI-IPr(NMe2)2 Precatalyst in the Presence of Carbonate Base,
Yin Zhang, Vincent César, Guy Lavigne,
Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2015, 2015, 2042–2050.
- IMes-acac: hybrid combination of diaminocarbene and acetylacetonato sub-units into a new anionic ambidentate NHC ligand,
Vincent César, Valentina Mallardo, Adela Nano, Georges Dahm, Noël Lugan, Guy Lavigne, Stéphane Bellemin-Laponnaz,
Chem. Commun. 2015, 51, 5271–5274.
- Tailoring Buchwald-Type Phosphines with Pyrimidinium Betaines as Versatile Aryl Group Surrogates,
Ludovik Noël-Duchesneau, Noël Lugan, Guy Lavigne, Agnès Labande, Vincent César,
Organometallics 2014, 33, 5085–5088.
- Synthetic Routes to N-Heterocyclic Carbene Precursors,
Laure Benhamou, Edith Chardon, Guy Lavigne, Stéphane Bellemin-Laponnaz, Vincent César,
Chem. Rev. 2011, 111, 2705–2733.
- A Stable Anionic N-Heterocyclic Carbene and Its Zwitterionic Complexes,
Vincent César, Noël Lugan, Guy Lavigne,
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 11286–11287.
- Advanced Fine-Tuning of Grubbs/Hoveyda Olefin Metathesis Catalysts: A Further Step toward an Optimum Balance between Antinomic Properties,
Michał Bieniek, Robert Bujok, Maciej Cabaj, Noël Lugan, Guy Lavigne, Dieter Arlt, Karol Grela,
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 13652–13653.