Professor Shi-Gang Sun, Xiamen University, China, has been awarded the French-Chinese Bi-national Award (Prix Franco-Chinois) 2014, a cooperation of the Société Chimique de France (SCF, French Chemical Society) and the Chinese Chemical Society (CCS).
He is honored for his outstanding discoveries in the field of electrochemistry, as well as for the cooperations he has established with French chemists. The award was presented during a ceremony on May 21, 2015, in Paris, France.
Shi-Gang Sun obtained his Bachelor of Science from Xiamen University, China, in 1982. He obtained his Ph.D. from Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France, under the supervision of Jean Clavilier in 1986. After one year of postdoctoral research in the Laboratoire d’Electrochimie Interfaciale du CNRS, Meudon, France, he returned to China in 1987, and served as Associate Professor at Xiamen University. Since 1991, he is Full Professor for Chemistry there.
Among other honors, Professor Sun has been awarded the Brian Conway Prize by the International Society of Electrochemistry (ISE) in 2010 and the Award for Distinguished Achievement in Electrochemistry by the Chinese Society of Electrochemistry (CSE) in 2009. He is active in both the ISE and the CSE. Shi-Gang Sun was vice-chair of the Physical Electrochemistry division of the ISE from 2005 to 2006, has been elected as a ISE Fellow in 2007, and serves as President of the Chinese Society of Electrochemistry since 2011.
His research interests include electrocatalysis, electrochemical surface sciences, spectroelectrochemistry, nanomaterials and chemical power sources.
- Nano-/Microstructured Si/C Composite with High Tap Density as an Anode Material for Lithium-Ion Batteries,
Jie Liu, Qian Zhang, Zhan-Yu Wu, Jun-Tao Li, Ling Huang, Shi-Gang Sun,
ChemElectroChem 2015, 2, 611–616.
- Synthesis of hierarchical worm-like SnO2@C aggregates and their enhanced lithium storage properties,
Zhen-Guo Wu, Jun-Tao Li, Yan-Jun Zhong, Jie Liu, Xiao-Dong Guo, Ling Huang, Ben-He Zhong, Shi-Gang Sun,
J. Alloys Compd. 2015, 620, 407–412.
- Effect of synthetic routes on the rate performance of Li-rich layered Li1.2Mn0.56Ni0.12Co0.12O2,
Fang Fu, Qi Wang, Ya-Ping Deng, Chong-Heng Shen, Xin-Xing Peng, Ling Huang, Shi-Gang Sun,
J. Mater. Chem. A 2015, 3, 5197–5203.
- Direct Electrodeposition of Tetrahexahedral Pd Nanocrystals with High-Index Facets and High Catalytic Activity for Ethanol Electrooxidation,
Na Tian, Zhi-You Zhou, Neng-Fei Yu, Li-Yang Wang, Shi-Gang Sun,
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 7580–7581.
- Platinum Metal Catalysts of High-Index Surfaces: From Single-Crystal Planes to Electrochemically Shape-Controlled Nanoparticles,
Na Tian, Zhi-You Zhou, Shi-Gang Sun,
J. Phys. Chem. C 2008, 112, 19801–19817.
- In-Situ Spectroscopic Studies of Adsorption at the Electrode and Electrocatalysis,
Shi-Gang Sun, Paul Andrew Christensen, Andrzej Wieckowski (eds.),
- Synthesis of Tetrahexahedral Platinum Nanocrystals with High-Index Facets and High Electro-Oxidation Activity,
N. Tian, Z.-Y. Zhou, S.-G. Sun, Y. Ding, Z. L. Wang,
Science 2007, 316, 732–735.