The Pierre Süe Prize 2015 has been awarded to Dr. Daniel Linot, Institut de Recherche et Développement sur l’Énergie Photovoltaïque (IRDEP), Chatou, France, by the Société Chimique de France (SCF, French Chemical Society). The prize recognizes a French chemist whose work is acclaimed on an international level. It was presented during a ceremony on May 26, 2016, in Caen, France.
Dr. Lincot is honored for his outstanding contributions to photovoltaics research. His research interests include the electrochemical synthesis of semiconductors, thin film solar cells based on copper indium diselenide, and electrodeposition technologies.
Daniel Lincot studied at the engineering college ESPCI-ParisTech, France, where he received his Ph.D. for work on the production of solar cells based on cadmium telluride. He joined the École Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Paris in 1980 to work on the photoelectrochemistry of semiconductors. In 2005, Dr. Lincot and Olivier Kerrec founded IRDEP in Chatou, France. Today, Dr. Lincot is Director of Research at the National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), specializing in the field of photovoltaics, and Director of IRDEP.
Among other honors, Dr. Lincot has received the Electrodeposition Division Research Award from the Electrochemical Society in 2013, the Charles Eichner Medal from the Société Française de Métallurgie et de Matériaux (SF2M) in 2011, and the CNRS Silver Medal in 2004.
- Atomic layer deposition of copper sulfide thin films,
Nathanaelle Schneider, Daniel Lincot, Frédérique Donsanti,
Thin Solid Films 2016, 600, 103–108.
- Impact of oxygen concentration during the deposition of window layers on lowering the metastability effects in Cu(In,Ga)Se2/CBD Zn(S,O) based solar cell,
Negar Naghavi, Solange Temgoua, Thibaud Hildebrandt, Jean François Guillemoles, Daniel Lincot,
Prog. Photovoltaics 2015, 23, 1820–1827.
- Toward a Better Understanding of the Use of Additives in Zn(S,O) Deposition Bath for High-Efficiency Cu(In,Ga)Se2-Based Solar Cells,
Thibaud Hildebrandt, Nicolas Loones, Muriel Bouttemy, Jackie Vigneron, Arnaud Etcheberry, Daniel Lincot, Negar Naghavi,
IEEE J.Photovolt. 2015, 5, 1821–1826.
- Extrinsic Doping of Electrodeposited Zinc Oxide Films by Chlorine for Transparent Conductive Oxide Applications,
Jean Rousset, Edgardo Saucedo, Daniel Lincot,
Chem. Mater. 2009, 21, 534–540.
- Electrodeposition of Inorganic/Organic Hybrid Thin Films,
Tsukasa Yoshida, Jingbo Zhang, Daisuke Komatsu, Seiichi Sawatani, Hideki Minoura, Thierry Pauporté, Daniel Lincot, Torsten Oekermann, Derck Schlettwein, Hirokazu Tada, Dieter Wöhrle, Kazumasa Funabiki, Masaki Matsui, Hidetoshi Miura, Hisao Yanagi,
Adv. Funct. Mater. 2009, 19, 17–43.
- A ZnO nanowire array film with stable highly water-repellent properties,
Chantal Badre, Thierry Pauporté, Mireille Turmine, Daniel Lincot,
Nanotechnology 2007, 18, 365705.
Also of Interest
- French Chemical Society Awards Pierre Süe Prize,
ChemViews Mag. 2015.
Michel Ephritikhine and Claude Mirodatos honored
- French Chemical Society National and Bi-national Awards,
ChemViews Mag. 2013.
The winners of the annual national and bi-national prizes of the SCF include Klaus Müllen, Santiago Alvarez Reverter, and Samir Zard