The German Federation for applied Photocatalysis (FAP) is a just launched platform for companies from the pigments, coatings and construction materials industries. FAP wants to raise the awareness of customers and public policy makers towards photocatalysis by way of critical discussion and contribute to the distribution of photocatalytic applications. It wants to explore novel photocatalytic applications and aims to accelerate research and development in this field in cooperation with the scientific community.
The effects of photoactive surfaces are due to special catalyst particles, which are introduced into materials and coatings. With the help of light energy, these particles decompose nitrogen oxides, organic compounds, and bio films. They can help to improve the room climate and decrease the amount of nitrogen oxides in areas with heavy traffic. Furthermore, photoactive surfaces stay clean longer.
The FAP is an initiative of members of Verband der Mineralfarbenindustrie e.V. (German association of producers of pigments, fillers, functional additives, food colorants and others). It is structured in three departments:
- coordination & research (chairman: Dr. Stephan Peter Blöß (KRONOS INTERNATIONAL, Inc.)),
- communication & public relations, (chairman: Milan Wilhelm Krumbe (SACHTLEBEN Chemie GmbH),
- technology & environment, (chairman: Dr. Wolfram Maier (Saint-Gobain Weber GmbH)).
- BASF SE,
- Chemische Fabrik Budenheim KG,
- Dachziegelwerke Nelskamp GmbH,
- Erlus AG,
- Evonik Degussa GmbH,
- F. C. Nüdling Betonelemente GmbH + Co. KG,
- GXC Coatings GmbH,
- HeidelbergCement AG,
- KEIMFARBEN GmbH & Co. KG,
- KRONOS INTERNATIONAL Inc.,
- NADICO Technologie GmbH,
- Rockwood Pigments (Brockhues GmbH & Co. KG),
- SACHTLEBEN Chemie GmbH,
- Saint-Gobain Weber GmbH,
- Sto AG.
- Verband der Mineralfarbenindustrie e.V., Frankfurt, Germany