ECOSYNTHETIX engages in the development, manufacture, and commercialization of bio-based technologies to replace petroleum-based industrial products. We have recently opened our Centre of Innovation in Burlington, Ontario, which is now home to our product development and applications testing laboratories and our state-of-the-art pilot plant. We are seeking to add to our dynamic team of professionals who share a passion for developing and commercializing sustainable, bio-based chemistries and polymers.
Reporting to the Director of Product Development, the Senior Carbohydrate Scientist is responsible for the design, execution, and implementation of product development projects focused in the area of bio-based polymers and chemistries for various industrial applications. These projects will expand the ECOSYNTHETIX portfolio offerings and strengthen the EcoSphere® biolatex® binder and EcoMer® technology platforms.
- Develops novel bio-based polymers and chemistries for paper coating, construction and other industrial applications
- Develops and implements new methods and processes for the manufacture and characterization of bio-based polymers
- Translates customer needs into product development projects
- Plans and executes laboratory and pilot plant research projects
- Supports the technology transfer from laboratory and pilot plant to commercial scale
- Writes or assists in writing and submission of patent applications
- Keeps abreast of pertinent new developments and patents and provides executive summaries and comments with regards to strategic impact and direction
- Presents original research data at industry meetings, writes scientific papers for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Directs the activities of technicians engaged in development projects
- Requires Ph.D. or M.S. in Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Material Sciences
- Experience in an industrial research environment in the area of carbohydrate research (Ph. D minimum 5 years or M.S. minimum 7 years experience)
- Experience with reactive extrusion processes would be highly desirable
- Experience with carbohydrate analysis such as HPLC and other chromatography techniques, mass spectrometry, GPC etc. would be beneficial
- Strong problem-solving skills and proven project management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including report writing
- Proficient with computer applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
All interested candidates should send their resume to [email protected]
- EcoSynthetix Inc.
3365 Mainway, Burlington, Ontario, L7M 1A6, Canada.
Phone & Fax: 289-878-0286