The European Technology Platform for Sustainable Chemistry (SusChem) and the European Water supply and sanitation Technology Platform (WssTP) announced plans to formalize their long-standing alliance for the benefit of sound water management in Europe. The chemical industry is one of the biggest water-consuming industries and one of the biggest providers of water treatment materials and technologies.
The partnership is breaking new ground, allowing both sectors to speak with one voice on topics of common interest. SusChem and WssTP will be mapping the way forward in critical fields such as:
– Best practices in integrated water management systems
– Development of enhanced materials, process technologies and systems
– Process efficiency of water use, including energy aspects.
A goal is that by 2030 the European water sector will be regarded as the global leader in the provision of sustainable water services. Climate and demographic changes, together with rising environmental standards mean that step change solutions to these challenges have to be found.
- The European Technology Platform for Sustainable Chemistry (SusChem), Brussels, Belgium
- European Water supply and sanitation Technology Platform (WssTP),Brussels, Belgium