How to Enter the Comic Competition
1. Comic Submission
- Contestants can submit one or more comics, each containing of up to ten individual pictures or ten scenes.
- Submissions will be accepted beginning August 12, 2014, 00:01 am GMT through October 13, 2014, 00:00 pm GMT.
- The comic will be uploaded to ChemistryViews.org.
- Use the like buttons in the comic gallery.
- You are not required to submit a comic in order to vote.
- All likes and comments submitted by November 2, 2014, 00:00 pm GMT will determine which comic wins the book prize for receiving the most votes.
- Winners will be determined by the panel of judges listed below. They will select three winners from all submitted comics after submission closed on October 13, 2014.
- Criteria for the jury are: i) creativity and original ideas, ii) clear message, iii) quality of the comic, iv) scientific relevance
- Winning comics will be announced online and will be featured on the ChemistryViews.org website. Winners will be notified by e-mail a few days in advance.
Members of the Jury
- Dr. Ernst Guggolz, Editor-in-Chief Nachrichten aus der Chemie (GDCh membership magazine)
- Dr. Vera Köster, Editor in Chief ChemistryViews.org
- Sophie Lin, Taiwan, is the author of the Wonderlab Comic Series
- Professor Javier Garcia Martinez, Molecular Nanotechnology Lab, University of Alicante, Spain, and Rive Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Professor Jim McQuillan, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
The following winners will be selected:
1st Prize: iPad (MD510FD/A 16 GB black)
2nd Prize: books for up to 250 EUR from Wiley/Wiley-VCH
3rd Prize: books for up to 100 EUR from Wiley/Wiley-VCH
Comic receiving most likes: Book prize: Molecules That Changed The World by K. C. Nicolaou and T. Montagnon
Winners will be notified by e-mail.
5. Terms and Conditions
- Entrants may only submit their own original works.
- Submissions will be accepted August 12, 2014 00:01 am GMT through October 13, 2014, 00:00 pm GMT.
- Wiley employees and their family members may participate, but are ineligible to win.
- Wiley-VCH reserve the right to use submitted comics on the ChemistryViews.org website and in other promotions, including but not limited to the Wiley-VCH webpages.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.