The Supervisory Board of BASF SE appointed Sanjeev Gandhi (47) to the Board of Executive Directors effective December 1, 2014. He has been head of BASF’s Intermediates division since 2010.
Dr. Andreas Kreimeyer (59) will retire with the expiration of his contract following the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting on April 30, 2015. He has been on the Board of Executive Directors since 2003 and Research Executive Director since 2012.
Dr. Martin Brudermüller (53), Vice Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors, will take over this role following the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting.
The Board of Executive Directors is responsible for the management of BASF, and represents the company’s in business undertakings with third parties. Following the changes above, the eight members of the Board of Executive Directors have decided to redistribute their responsibilities effective May 1, 2015:
- Dr. Kurt Bock (56), Chairman, Ressort I
Legal, Taxes & Insurance; Strategic Planning & Controlling; Communications & Government Relations; Global Executive Human Resources; Investor Relations; Compliance
- Margret Suckale (58), Industrial Relations Director, Ressort II
Human Resources; Engineering & Maintenance; Environment, Health & Safety; European Site & Verbund Management
- Dr. Hans-Ulrich Engel (55), Chief Financial Officer, Ressort III
Oil & Gas, Finance, Procurement, Information Services & Supply Chain Operations, Corporate Controlling, Corporate Audit
- Michael Heinz (50), Ressort IV
Dispersions & Pigments, Care Chemicals, Nutrition & Health, Performance Chemicals, South America, Advanced Materials & Systems Research
- Dr. Harald Schwager (54), Ressort V
Crop Protection, Construction Chemicals, Europe, Bioscience Research
- Dr. Martin Brudermüller (53), Vice Chairman and Research Executive Director, Ressort VI
Intermediates, Monomers, Petrochemicals, Process Research & Chemical Engineering, Corporate Technology & Operational Excellence, BASF New Business
- Wayne T. Smith (54), Ressort VII located in North America
Catalysts, Coatings, Performance Materials, Market & Business Development North America, Regional Functions North America
- Sanjeev Gandhi (47), Ressort VIII located in Asia
Greater China & Functions Asia Pacific; South & East Asia, ASEAN & ANZ
Pictures © BASF SE
- BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany