In line with the shared commitment to improve chemical safety, the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) and US Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) have signed a Statement of Intent to co-operate.
One of the anticipated areas of collaboration will be on exchange of data and information. Intended exchanges mentioned in the Statement of Intent include:
- public information on hazards, uses, and substance identification between ECHA and the EPA,
- experience on the manner in which confidentiality claims are verified by the agencies,
- information on chemicals available to the public in both the EU and the US,
- protection of industry’s confidential information, and
- approaches to more efficiently address chemicals of concern.