How to Enter the Video Competition
1. Video Submissions
- Contestants should submit a 3 minute (or less) original video on Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Video submissions will be accepted beginning January 17, 2011 12:01 am GMT through September 30, 2011 11:59 pm GMT.
- Multiple entries are permitted.
- Send an e-mail with “ChemistryViews Video Contest: Submission” in the subject line to [email protected]
- The message should contain the 3 min video, the entrant’s name, e-mail address, institution/affiliation if applicable, and title and short description of the video.
- The video will be uploaded on the ChemistryViews YouTube® channel and to ChemistryViews.org
- YouTube® videos are rated using a Like/Dislike system. To Like or Dislike a video, users must sign in to their YouTube® account or create an account. The Like/Dislike buttons are located to the bottom-left of the video.
- You are not required to submit a video in order to rate.
- For voting on a video you may also simply send an e-mail to [email protected] using “Vote for Video ((fill in video name))” in the subject line
- Online voting will close September 30, 2011, 11:59 pm GMT. The 18 videos rated highest will then enter the jury selection of the three final winners.
- Winners will be determined by the panel of judges listed below, all experts in the field. They will select three winners from the 18 videos rated highest by the public when voting closes on September 30, 2011.
- Criteria for the jury are: i) creativity and original ideas, ii) clear message, iii) scientific relevance
- Winning videos will be announced on December 1, 2011 and will be featured on the ChemViews.org website. Winners will be notified by e-mail.
Members of the Jury
- Prof. Joseph J. Bozell, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA
- Prof. Benoît Champagne, Facultés Universitaires Notre Dame de la paix, Namur, Belgium
- Dr. Marco Franceschin, Università di Roma, Roma, Italy
- Dr. Christian Remenyi, Redaktion Nachrichten aus der Chemie, Frankfurt, Germany
The following top three winners will be selected:
- First Prize (→ Kodak Zi8 Pocket-Camcorder with 16 GB SD-Card and 250 EUR Wiley / Wiley-VCH book voucher)
- Second Prize (→ 300 EUR Wiley/Wiley-VCH book voucher)
- Third Prize (→ 200 EUR Wiley/Wiley-VCH book voucher)
Winners will be notified by e-mail.
5. Terms and Conditions
- Entrants may only submit their own original works.
- Video submissions will be accepted January 17, 2011 12:01 am GMT through September 30, 2011 11:59 pm GMT.
- Wiley employees and their family members may participate, but are ineligible to win.
- For optimal video upload guidelines visit the YouTube® website.
- Wiley-VCH reserves the right to use submitted videos on the ChemistryViews.org website and in other promotions, including but not limited to the ChemistryViews channel on YouTube and the Wiley-VCH webpages.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.