Peter William Atkins is a profilic writer of many popular chemistry textbooks, including Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, and Molecular Quantum Mechanics. He is also author of science books for the general public such as Atkins’ Molecules and Galileo’s Finger: The Ten Great Ideas of Science.
Atkins was a professor of physical chemistry at the University of Oxford, UK, and a Fellow of Lincoln College. Since his retirement in 2007, he has been a full-time author.
Here, he talks about the importance of visualization and illustrations in chemistry.
- List of some books by Peter W. Atkins
- The Future of Chemical Education
Peter Atkins discusses the future of chemical education and the role of the multimedia electronic textbook
- Wolfram Koch on the GDCh’s Top Event
Wolfram Koch, Executive Director, GDCh, talks about the up-coming Wissenschaftsforum Chemie 2011 in Bremen, Germany
- All ChemViews articles related to the Wissenschaftsforum
- GDCh-Wissenschaftsforum Chemie 2011: Chemie schafft Zukunft