Professor Christian Limberg, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany, has received the Alfred Stock Memorial Award from the Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (GDCh, German Chemical Society). The award was presented at the annual Lecture Meeting of the Wöhler-Vereinigung, the Inorganic Chemistry Division of the GDCh, in Regensburg, Germany, on September 24, 2018.
The Alfred Stock Memorial Award honors outstanding research in the field of inorganic chemistry. Christian Limberg is recognized for his comprehensive work on oxygen complexes and oxidation reactions.
Christian Limberg studied chemistry at the University of Bochum, Germany, where he received his Ph.D. in 1992. He also has a D. Phil. from the University of Oxford, UK, which he completed in 1995. Limberg completed his habilitation at the University of Heidelberg in 1999 and joined the Technical University of Munich, Germany, as Deputy Leader of the chair for the inorganic chemistry in 2001. Since 2003, he serves as Full Professor at Humboldt University.
Among other honors, Limberg has received the European Student Award from the 3M Company in 1993, the Karl Winnacker Scholarship from the Aventis Foundation in 2001, and the Carl Duisberg Memorial Award from the GDCh in 2002. He serves as Editor of the Zeitschrift für Anorganische und Allgemeine Chemie (ZAAC).
- Extending the Toolbox for the Modular Arrangement of Functions at Xanthene/Dibenzofuran Platforms: Introduction of Directly Linked Transition Metals beside Bismuthanes,
Karolin Materne, Christin Spröwitz, Beatrice Braun-Cula, Christian Limberg,
Z. Anorg. Allg. Chem. 2018, 644, 700–705.
- Comparing Isomeric Tridentate Carbazole-Based Click Ligands: Metal Complexes and Redox Chemistry,
Iweta Pryjomska-Ray, Denise Zornik, Michael Pätzel, Konstantin B. Krause, Lutz Grubert, Beatrice Braun-Cula, Stefan Hecht, Christian Limberg,
Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 5341–5349.
- A Biomimetic Nickel Complex with a Reduced CO2 Ligand Generated by Formate Deprotonation and Its Behaviour towards CO2,
Philipp Zimmermann, Santina Hoof, Beatrice Braun-Cula, Christian Herwig, Christian Limberg,
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 7230–7233.
- The Mechanism of Water Oxidation: From Electrolysis via Homogeneous to Biological Catalysis,
Holger Dau, Christian Limberg, Tobias Reier, Marcel Risch, Stefan Roggan, Peter Strasser,
ChemCatChem 2010, 2, 724–761.
- A Dinuclear Nickel(I) Dinitrogen Complex and its Reduction in Single-Electron Steps,
Stefan Pfirrmann, Christian Limberg, Christian Herwig, Reinhard Stößer, Burkhard Ziemer,
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2009, 48, 3357–3361.
- Multifunctional “Clickates” as Versatile Extended Heteroaromatic Building Blocks: Efficient Synthesis via Click Chemistry, Conformational Preferences, and Metal Coordination,
Robert M. Meudtner, Marc Ostermeier, Richard Goddard, Christian Limberg, Stefan Hecht,
Chem. Eur. J. 2007, 13, 9834–9840.
Also of Interest
- Alfred Stock Memorial Award 2016,
ChemViews Mag. 2016.
Holger Braunschweig honored for outstanding achievements in inorganic chemistry
- Alfred Stock Memorial Award 2014,
ChemViews Mag. 2014.
Professor Wolfgang Kaim, University of Stuttgart, Germany, honored
- W. Uhl Awarded Alfred Stock Memorial Prize,
ChemViews Mag. 2012.
The Alfred Stock Memorial Prize of the GDCh has been awarded to Professor Werner Uhl, University of Münster, Germany
- M. Drieß Receives Alfred-Stock Prize,
ChemViews Mag. 2010.
Matthias Drieß will be presented with the Alfred-Stock Prize at the Woehler conference in Freiburg