How to Enter the Essay Competition
1. Essay Submission
- Submissions will be accepted beginning August 4, 2015 00:01 am GMT through September 28, 2015 00:00 pm GMT.
- The essay will be uploaded to ChemistryViews.org
- Use the like button, write an e-mail, and/or leave a comment to vote.
- You are not required to submit an essay in order to vote or comment.
- All likes and comments submitted by September 30, 2015 00:00 pm GMT will determine which essay wins the book prize for receiving most votes.
- Winners will be determined by the panel of judges listed below. They will select three winners from all submitted essays after submission.
- Criteria for the jury are: i) creativity and original ideas, ii) clear message, iii) quality , iv) scientific relevance
- Winning essays will be announced online and will be featured on the ChemistryViews.org website. Winners will be notified by e-mail a few days in advance.
Members of the Jury
- Dr. Doris Fischer Henningsen, Editor Chemie in Unserer Zeit
- Professor Gianluca Giorgi, University of Siena, Dept. of Chemistry
- Dr. Vera Köster, Editor ChemistryViews.org
- Dr. Mario Müller, Senior Web Editor Wiley-VCH
- Dr. Christian Remenyi, Editor Nachrichten aus der Chemie
- Dr. Richard Threlfall, Editor Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry
The following winners will be selected:
- A cedrtificate and an iPad (MD510FD/A 16 GB black)
- A certificate and three books from the ChemPubSoc Europe book list
- A certificate and two books from the ChemPubSoc Europe book list
Winners will be notified by e-mail.
5. Terms and Conditions
- Entrants may only submit their own original works.
- Submissions will be accepted August 4, 2015 00:01 am GMT through September 28, 2015 00:00 pm GMT.
- Wiley employees and their family members may participate, but are ineligible to win.
- Wiley-VCH reserves the right to use submitted essays on the ChemistryViews.org website and in other promotions.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.