How to Enter the Picture/Video Competition
1. Picture Submission
- Contestants can submit one or more pictures or videos.
- Submissions will be accepted beginning May 18, 2016 00:01 am GMT through July 31, 2016 00:00 pm GMT.
- The picture/video will be uploaded to ChemistryViews.org
- Use the like button in the picture & video galery to vote pictures/videos.
- You are not required to submit a picture or video in order to vote or comment.
- All likes submitted by August 21, 2016 00:00 pm GMT will determine which picture or which video wins the book prize for receiving most votes.
- Winners will be determined by the panel of judges listed below. They will select three from all submitted pictures/videos after submission closed on July 31, 2016.
- Criteria for the jury are: i) creativity and original ideas, ii) clear message, iii) quality of the picture/video, iv) scientific relevance
- Winning pictures/videos will be announced online and will be featured on the ChemistryViews.org website. Winners will be notified by e-mail a few days in advance.
Members of the Jury
- Oana Fronoiu, Scientific Team Leader EYCN, Romania
- Veronika Huber, Österreichische Jungchemiker (Young Chemists of the Austrian Chemical Society (GÖCH)), Austria
- Karin Kegel, Landesapothekerkammer Baden-Württemberg Pharmazie + Wissenschaft, Stuttgart, Germany
- Professor Burkhard König, University of Regensburg, Germany (article by B. König)
- Dr. Vera Köster, Editor in Chief ChemistryViews.org
- Tobias Stengel, artist in Dresden, Germany (interview with M. Stengel)
- Jan-Willem Toering, Director of the Koninklijke Nederlandse Chemische Vereniging (KNCV, Royal Netherlands Chemical Society) (interview with J.-W. Toering)
The following winners will be selected:
- First Prize (→ Apple iPad Air 2 (24.6 cm, 9.7 inches) (WiFi, 64GB))
- Second Prize (→ 300 EUR Wiley/Wiley-VCH book voucher)
- Third Prize ( → 200 EUR Wiley/Wiley-VCH book voucher)
- Picture/video receiving most likes: Book prize: Molecules That Changed The World by K. C. Nicolaou and T. Montagnon
Winners will be notified by e-mail.
5. Terms and Conditions
- Entrants may only submit their own original works.
- Submissions will be accepted May 18, 2016 00:01 am GMT through July 31, 2016 00:00 pm GMT.
- Wiley/Wiley-VCH employees and their family members may participate, but are ineligible to win.
- Wiley-VCH reserve the right to use submitted pictures/videos on the ChemistryViews.org website and in other promotions.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.